Disney Vacation Club eBay Rental Question

tamsd5

Original Poster
My wife and I are planning a family trip later this year and have noticed several auctions on eBay where you can quite reasonably purchase a 5 night stay at Old Key West or the Boardwalk. Has anyone ever done this through eBay or know anyone who has? It seems like a great deal, but I have also heard Disney has a lot of rules associated with the Vacation Club and want to be sure we don't get short changed.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Call me sceptical - but personally I would avoid Ebay like a hole in the head. There are genuine people who sell products / services on there and there are many thousands of people who pick up bargains HOWEVER, Ebay (and other similar sites) unfortunately attract many dishonest people, for who making money and ripping others off is easy business.

marynorth

I have wondered about the Ebay sellers too (those selling the "great DVC rental deals"). However, being a very satisifed customer from Ebay many times for many other items, I think the system works great. What I would say is this . . . make sure they have good feedback. The ones I have checked out all do. You can even e-mail satisfied renters. Also, I have noticed that although those deals look great, they are not always lower than the DIS renters. I plan to go this route on my next trip, and I'm still considering to go DIS or Ebay.

PixyDust

This is the ONLY time I would recommend going to the dis site. (See Kirstin's Mom post.) I wouldn't trust ebay for something like this. You have to trust that the person will make the reservation you want. You may find one on ebay that you can trust, but I'd go with a long-time diser first if I wanted to rent.

SheenaXena

Thanks for posting the dis website. I too was going to do the eBay thing and it seems cheaper to rent from DVC members. Thanks. I just hope that renters can get the dining plan too. That was such a lifesaver last month!!!!!

JerJan

FYI....If you rent from a DVC member using their points for the rental you ARE NOT entitled to the dining plan! It is not a luxury that we get as owners...unfortunately!:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom