Disney "Urban Legends"

Nickahlers

Original Poster
I was reading a news article on MSN today about urban legends, and it linked this rather interesting site. They have a section for Urban Legends all about Disney. Most of them are stuff that I'd heard about before. However, can someone "in the know" discuss these exclusive clubs in Disneyland and Disneyworld? Anyone ever been invited in to them? How does one get to go in there? (besides being a VIP with lots of money?)

jaylenofan86

Originally posted by Nickahlers
I was reading a news article on MSN today about urban legends, and it linked this rather interesting site. They have a section for Urban Legends all about Disney. Most of them are stuff that I'd heard about before. However, can someone "in the know" discuss these exclusive clubs in Disneyland and Disneyworld? Anyone ever been invited in to them? How does one get to go in there? (besides being a VIP with lots of money?)
Well, there is a Club 33 at Disneyland in New Orleans Square. The only way in free is if your going to eat dinner with a member. For a single person, I heard that the costs are about $15,000 a year, and there is a 5 year waiting list.

WDW1971

Originally posted by jaylenofan86
Well, there is a Club 33 at Disneyland in New Orleans Square. The only way in free is if your going to eat dinner with a member. For a single person, I heard that the costs are about $15,000 a year, and there is a 5 year waiting list.

There is no way I'd pay that much for the right to eat food in some exclusive club. That's just insane! :hammer:

wyattkelly

Yeah, Snopes is great...I love the fact that they track back all the information, and check to make sure it's true or not. Heck, they were the one that pointed out the nude woman in Rescuers! Can't get that anymore. Stupid body-hating busybodies....

If anyone wants screen caps of the aforementioned nude woman, let me know.

Mr. Tom Morrow

Very interesting web site. Having had the pleasure of taking the “Walk In Walt’s Footsteps” tour at Disneyland, I can speak about two of the listed items. As indicated on the site there is indeed a basketball court inside Matterhorn Mountain. The reason that it’s there is because at the time that Matterhorn Mountain was constructed, Anaheim building code required it! Apparently a building the height of the mountain could only be constructed for office space, living space or sporting or theater exhibitions. So, to comply with the Anaheim building code, Walt had a basketball court constructed inside the mountain.

The other item is the unconfirmed idea that the Disney Studio had to be built so that it could be converted into a hospital to obtain financing. This is actually partly true. The Studio was actually built with the money that was made from Snow White, financiering wasn’t needed. However, times were tough and one hit doesn’t make a successful company. So Roy had an idea. What if they built the studio so that it could be converted into a hospital, thinking that if the company failed, they would have an easier time selling the building as a hospital than as a studio. If I remember correctly this story is also told on the Disneyland Disney Treasures DVD collection (in the tin can) that came out in 2001.

Hank Scorpio

That was an excellent link, and made for a cool read!

Guess I hadn't realised before that people had been killed at WDW! But with the amount of millions of people that go there every year, i'm shocked the figure isn't higher when you think about it.

Also - flash mountain :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a shame the CM won't let you buy some of the photos. I know a whole bunch of girls who would be up for that!

Such a laugh :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom