Disney/Universal Trip Planning Question

Okay, so I have Disney's Pop Century booked next September(08) for 15 days with Dinning! I am planning to do Universal also for 5 nights during this vacation. Should I do Universal before or after Disney. If I do it before its during Labor Day weekend (Worried about crowds). If I do it after I know it doesnt compare to Disney and it might will ruin it for me. What do you think I should do?

Also has anyone stayed at any of the good neighbor hotels? What did you think?

Thanks in advance!:veryconfu

Arg, I thought I posted this in Trip Planning! Can one of you mods please move it! Sorry!

goofyfamily

Our first trip we stayed after Disney at a neighboring hotel of Universal Big mistake the hotel did not compare at all to Disney I was upset that we left Disney. But!!!! we went back this year and stayed at Universals onsite Royal Pacific and will do that again. It was equivalent to Disneys Poly if not better. The front of the line pass was fantastic and it was very convenient , the kids liked it alot. Universal has different kinds of things , more thrill rides and really great 4 d shows. It is not like DIsney they are different . We love DIsney but it was a nice change we also bought htere meal deal which you should check in to it was worth it for at least 2 days. We got it cheaper on line . Have fun.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would do Universal before Disney. We split our trip between Disney and Universal at the end of August this year and I have to tell you that I really liked the parks but I hated the hotel. We stayed at Portofino Bay and it was honestly the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I will not book any of my clients there. If you are doing a Universal hotel go with Hard Rock or the Royal Pacific.

Pam

Upvote 0

Silvermist

Our first trip we stayed after Disney at a neighboring hotel of Universal Big mistake the hotel did not compare at all to Disney I was upset that we left Disney. But!!!! we went back this year and stayed at Universals onsite Royal Pacific and will do that again. It was equivalent to Disneys Poly if not better. The front of the line pass was fantastic and it was very convenient , the kids liked it alot. Universal has different kinds of things , more thrill rides and really great 4 d shows. It is not like DIsney they are different . We love DIsney but it was a nice change we also bought htere meal deal which you should check in to it was worth it for at least 2 days. We got it cheaper on line . Have fun.

Sorry, everyone has their own opinions, but I have to strongly disagree with that rating of Royal Pacific. We stayed there two years ago and were very disappointed. There was nothing terribly wrong that I can point to, we just didn't find it appealing and it was nothing like the Poly! I definitely recommend the Hard Rock if staying on site at Universal.

We always switch hotels for our time at Universal for no other reason than the front of the line access with your room key. No pulling tickets and worrying about return times, you just walk up to the ride, flash your key and off you go! The Hard Rock is a very nice hotel (great pool!) and I would definitely recommend it.

I'd make sure to allow time for the new Aquatica water park that will be open at SeaWorld. It sounds great. Personally, I'd do Universal first and end your stay at Disney. After your time at Disney, Universal just isn't the same. Their parks are nice with some good rides and we always include 2 days there (2 days is plenty to do everything) but there is a different vibe at Universal. There is no magic and after having just been at Disney, you'll feel the difference! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom