Disney Trivia Challenge 2013!

ThemeParkExpert30

Original Poster
Hey Everybody,

I thought this would be a fun game to play. I thought that we could play a game called Disney Trivia Challenge. I will ask Disney trivia questions about the Disney theme parks & other questions about the Walt Disney World property. There will be 6 different sections that I'll go through one at a time, which are the following: All Around The 'World', Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom & Beyond The Parks. The Beyond The Parks section includes things like the Walt Disney World Resorts, water parks, Downtown Disney & the Monorail. Each question will be a multiple choice answer that will have 4 answers to choose from.

I'll ask one question a week & I'll give the correct answer to that question the following week, along with the new question for that week too. Depending on how many people play, I'll have a points score system. The correct answer will give you 5 points. The second closest answer will give you 4 points, followed by 3 points for the 3rd closest answer & 2 points for the least & farthest answer. And if you do need help with the question, then I'll give you a lifeline called the 50:50, which will take away two of the wrong answers and will leave you with the correct answer & a wrong answer. If you do need the 50:50 lifeline, then please let me know & I'll give you the 50:50 lifeline. Every so often I might throw in a few unexpected twists into the game! So as they all say, "Expect the unexpected!"

And depending again on how many people want to play, towards the end of the Disney Trivia Challenge, I'll start eliminating people from the game until it's just down to two people. The final two people will take a little final test & whoever has the most amount of points between the final two people after the test will be crowned the Disney Trivia Challenge Champion for 2013! Each week, I'll try to put up the Point Standings so everybody can see where they are in the standings & with how many points they've got. I'll give you an Example Question down below & after that, I'll ask you the very 1st question for this week. We'll start out in the All Around The 'World' section. Good luck to everybody playing!

Example Question:
1. In what year did Walt Disney World open?
A.) 1965
B.) 1969
C.) 1970
D.) 1971
The Correct Answer is D.) 1971.
If you got D.) 1971 correct then you would've gotten 5 points, C.) 1970 would've given you 4 points, B.) 1969 would've given you 3 points & A.) 1965 would've given you 2 points!

Here's the 1st question of the Disney Trivia Challenge!

Section: All Around The 'World'

1. About how many acres of the more than 30,000 that make up Walt Disney World Resort (WDW) are actually developed?

A.) 4,500
B.) 7,100
C.) 11,000
D.) 21,000

englanddg

One Little Spark...
About 1/3, as I recall. But there's something like 7k acres set aside as a wildlife preserve, so crunching the numbers with the remaining 23k acres, I say B.

ThemeParkExpert30

Original Poster
Hey Everybody,

It's time to reveal the correct answer from last week's question & to post the new question for this week. The correct answer to question #1 is : B. 7,100. So that means both Englanddg & ISTCPilot1989 got the answer correct. And both of you guys were correct to about Walt wanting to set aside land. Matt7187, you should've gone with your gut instinct & said B. 7,100 instead of A. 4,500. Here's the reason behind the answer.

Walt Disney World comprises 47 square miles of land. With less than one quarter of it developed &another set aside as a permanent conservation area, there's quite a lot of room for expansion. Walt Disney himself set aside 7,500-acre (11.7-square mile) tract that will never be developed. It's called the wildlife Management Conservation Area.

So now with the Points Standings for this 1st question, this where everybody stands"

Tied in 1st place: Englandg & ISTCPilot1989 with 5 points.
2nd place is Matt7187 with 4 points.
Congratulations to everybody & this is still anybody's game! Now, Here's newest question for this week & I'll let you know what the correct answer is next week! Good luck to everybody!

Section: All Around The 'World'

2. About how many miles of paved roads are there in Walt Disney World property?

A.) 39 miles
B.) 77 miles
C.) 167 miles
D.) 253 miles

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom