Disney trip report/opinion

TestTrack

Original Poster
Well I just got back from the good ol' WDW and thought I's post a few of my feelings about how its going down in Disney World

Day 1: MGM Studios

1. I still can't stand that sorcerer hat! It makes the park feel too congested. It also distracts from the Movie theme, the emphasis should be on the Chinese theatre.

2. ToT was great. I tried messing around with some of the ride operators. Some responded with great lines...others looked caught offguard. The Random drop sequences don't appear to be to random...as many of the drops appeared to do the same thing when viewed from outside.

3. While RnR was great...HOW DOES THIS FIT IN with the parks theme of movies??? Oh well...just gives the park more thrills I guess.

4. Muppet 3d. Great as always....not as 3d as some of the other 3d movies in WDW....but still the most fun IMO.

5. Star Tours....well the motion felt like it was lagging behind the video....UPDATE THE MOVIE DISNEY!! I know your having trouble with Lucas and all but it needs something....That person in the preboarding video is really starting to get on my nerves.

6. Backlot tour.....interesting...but getting old.....something needs to majorly change.

7. GMR needs some new movie sequences....while it is fun....some of the animatronics are showing their age. Just redo a scene or two to keep it fresh.

8. Fantasmic...was Fantastic! I thought the dragon would be larger at the end....but the experience did get me in my Disney mode.

Day 2: MK

1. Jeez is it crowded!

2. Extraterrorestrial really needs to be more kid friendly....I did not feel like I was at WDW. Good job for what it was though.

3. Splash...EXCELLENT I can't get enough of this ride...fun everytime

4. Buzz...Although cheap looking compared to the other attractions its a ton of fun...especially when you get good at it

5. Space mountains getting rickety...I felt a little unsafe riding it...which is tough to do considering I love every rollercoaster ever built lol. TTD all the way! I think the rickety feeling might make it a little more fun though!

6. BTM was classic BTM. Nothing to complain about here.

7. Jungle Cruise needs to be updated. I felt sorry for the ride operator having to act as stupid as he did. Still had some Disney magic left in it though

8. The classics were all great CofP, CBJ, PofC....they were awesome.

9. The lines for some rides are just too long! Peter Pan/Splash/BTM....they need to do something to split the crowd up a little more....another big name attraction...not in FRONTIERLAND

10. Spectromagic was pure Disney magic while the fireworks I felt were a let down....the rare followed the music and were rather lackluster

Day 3: Blizzard Beach

1. FUN!
2. HOT!
3. BUT FUN!
4. The women help too! lol

Day 4: EPCOT

1. Some people may not believe me when I say this...but EPCOT stole the show on this vacation. I believe Epcot is a unique experience that the other parks just lack. If you truely explore what epcot has to offer and not just rush from ride to ride it is quite possibly in my opinion the best park. The layout is nice and spread out and the park is nice and open.

2. JIYI was our first ride. I'm not sure if us being the only one's on it affected it at all but it definitely was still missing something. However it has been improved. I think the last part was on the right track....when Figment goes crazy! but it was ok...

3. TT we rode twice. The first time it was great I think the hill climb and the rocky pavement is always a letdown....but other than that it was great. The second time however, we must have gotten to close to the car infront of us because we went through the haipin turns at about 2 MPH. That was no good. Still a very exciting and, contrary to some proples opinion....does teach too!

4. MS.....DROOL.....WHY COULDN't YOU HAVE OPENED ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL DATE!?!?!?!?!?

5. UofE...is it just me or is the Dinosaur part kinda pointless....I'd like to see them incorperate it a little more.

6. I LOVE THE LAND....THE SMELL....THE BOAT RIDE...its always soooo satisfying!

7. World showcase was awesome...I loved imaginum and the Balloon/mime person in france.

8.The restraraunt on the left side of the park(facing american adventure) needs to either open back up or be replaced its a sore spot on such a good looking park.

9. Norway's women are looking good lol! :lol:

10.luminations = :sohappy:

When does the tapestry of dreams parade happen!?

Day 5: AK/MK/Epcot

1. I still think AK is a major let down. Its tough to be a bug had a giant spot on the right side of the screen that was never right...I think it was due to the rocks on the right....but it made the film much less enjoyable

2. The park is confusing....and look TOO run down. I realize that this was all part of the theming but it really makes the park look worse.

3. PW was AWFUL. Jeez spend some money on a new ride instead of making something as cheap as that.

4. Had to go back to MK to ride more Splash and Buzz....they were just too great!

5. Couldn't finish Epcot in a day! This si actually when we saw illuminations. Really was a great was to finish off the trip. I even bought the CD.

WEll those are my feelings about what I saw on my trip. Hope you enjoyed reading them.

pjammer

Just thought Id comment on a few things.

I hate the Mickey hat. Sad to know its not going away and is the new Icon of MGM...BLAH!!!

GMR just had a rehab and they did work on updating and fixing some of the show scenes.

Alien Encounter is suppose to go under a kid friendly rehab featuring Stitch. Proposed date 2004.

How can you go to Epcot and comment on the Land Boatride but not SSE...shame on you!!

Tapestry of Dreams is never to return :( Sad I know. You should have been there for its last performance. People where cryin. It was really emotional.

Maerj

Originally posted by pjammer

Tapestry of Dreams is never to return :( Sad I know. You should have been there for its last performance. People where cryin. It was really emotional.

That explains why I didn't see it when I was there in June... that's too bad.

s25843

Hey,
Not trying to be negative becuase you do have your right to an opinion but you did have alot of complaints about the parks. Lighten up alittle!

And Yes the tower IS random, I rode it 5 times in a row back in April and out of those 5 times i only got 2 of the same (The false ending)

TestTrack

Original Poster
Yes Yes I do have a lot of complaints but all these are for the ideal park. Obviously not all of them could happen at once. I am just pointing out that which I noticed. I LOVED my time there ESpecailly EPCOT. I am just summarizing how I felt. Keep in mind that the thoughts that you remember are the really great moments and the bad. There are other good times in between that we tend to forget. So these are the BEST times and the Worst.

Well, about SSE. as much as I LOVE the ride...it does need a change....I know I know I hate to say it. But when the rides squeks and creaks drown out the rest of the ride....something needs to change. I only hope they can keep it still informative. and not become pointless like RnR.

I mean, if you wanted me to rant and rave about everything that was great I could go on for pages....but that does nothing to improve anything. I am pointing out what most people will notice and not like while they are there.

TestTrack

Original Poster
What was tapestry of dreams like...I have the CD to it I'd like to know what it involved. From listening to the CD it seems more AK-esque...not EPCOTish....wow that was some interesting made up words

pjammer

Im not sure if I'd compare Tapestry of Dreams to Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade at AK. Tapestry had no Disney characters in it. Plus I hate the AK parade. That darn song keeps going through my head when I see it. Actually now Im a little irratated b/c i can hear the song now.

" Ica ICA Ica ICA Ica Ica all day, your grandma and my grandma..."

AHHHHH!!!

Anyways, I guess it was more Epcot-ish in that beautiful way. It was very visually stimulating. It wasn't just a bunch of Disney characters being showboating around. It was different. I enjoyed it for that reason.

kellydisney

I love everything Disney and I HATED the Tapestry of Nations parade! It was AWFUL. And the music was the same, over and over, and the parade was the same thing over and over too. The people with those large puppet things, it's only saving grace was the moving drums. I did the WDW College Program in the fall of 1999 when it began and when I was done in January and back home in Boston, it was the friggin Superbowl halftime show, I thought I'd never be rid of it! haha But now that I never have to hear it again, the music and memories are good to have stored in my memory bank. Just my opinion. Not a popular opinion on these boards. I do, however, love the song Promise at the end of Illuminations... I wonder if that is on the cd you bought?

kvan

I hate that hat also
Didn´t they just redo the GMR ??

sorry just seen someone else post about it
:hammer:

imagineer boy

Originally posted by TestTrack

3. While RnR was great...HOW DOES THIS FIT IN with the parks theme of movies??? Oh well...just gives the park more thrills I guess.

MGM isn't just themed to the movies, its themed to movies, television, and the Hollywood that never was. In Rock'n Roller Coaster, you're zooming around Hollywood.

As for Alien Encounter, NO STITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fork:

Ok, now that I have that off my chest, let me say that Alien Encounter is not supposed to be kid friendly. There is no scencory thriller ( like the 3-D shows ) that won't frighten some kids.

I also hate the hat. It looks neat, but completely blocks the view of the great movie ride and takes away the theme of MGM.

nikimsu2002

Originally posted by s25843
Hey,
Not trying to be negative becuase you do have your right to an opinion but you did have alot of complaints about the parks. Lighten up alittle!

And Yes the tower IS random, I rode it 5 times in a row back in April and out of those 5 times i only got 2 of the same (The false ending)

Ditto. I know he had a great time though cuz I got to see the pictures and hear the stories last night, but I thought the same thing when I read that.

monorail256

Star Tours never gets old... and... eventhough I used to really want an update... Im fine with it the way it is. And the pre-boarding video is one of the best parts!

You gotta watch those girl castmembers that work at the Star Tours attraction.. if you ride it over and over (about 18 times in a row..) they learn to like you.

Very cute, most of them are.

^ Like the Yoda? lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom