Disney Tried to Hide the Millennium Falcon...

ppete1975

You are a trip,

Disney tried to hide something in the days of google maps, They did so in a manner your average 5 y/o could have done a better job at.

You are aware that GPS coordinates can be pulled from Google Maps. So now Disney is going to have every SW Geek in the area trying to get a selfie with the ship.

Also if you have a good reason Google can make things 'invisible' on google maps. That would have taken a GPS position and a radius that Disney needed to hide. And nobody would be the wiser.

So once again Disney shows they dont get tech at all. And they created a security problem as a result. Sure the ones caught will be trespassed. Thats not gonna stop em from trying.
ITs a movie prop in London... why would they care if it was seen with Google images, there are a lot of things I can find using google images that aren't totally camouflaged. The shipping containers are there to protect not hide. I'm pretty sure if Disney wanted to hide it they would have just thrown up a building around it, but there is no reason to hide it.

ppete1975

not owned by Disney.. but this is in some guys backyard.. and you can find it on google maps
lSl7BkZ.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You are a trip,

Disney tried to hide something in the days of google maps, They did so in a manner your average 5 y/o could have done a better job at.

You are aware that GPS coordinates can be pulled from Google Maps. So now Disney is going to have every SW Geek in the area trying to get a selfie with the ship.

Also if you have a good reason Google can make things 'invisible' on google maps. That would have taken a GPS position and a radius that Disney needed to hide. And nobody would be the wiser.

So once again Disney shows they dont get tech at all. And they created a security problem as a result. Sure the ones caught will be trespassed. Thats not gonna stop em from trying.

OK, I'm game to see how you spin this into something anti-Disney...

And why, pray tell, was LucasFilm attempting to hide their MF film prop?

Phroobar

Perhaps when the image was taken they were protecting it from the incoming hurricane ...
There are no hurricanes in the UK. This is at Long Cross Studios in the heart of heart the Surrey countryside. This is a movie prop at a filming location. The shipping crates are there to protect it. The ones that they are building for SW:GE are being built in China and should be delivered within the next four months.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There are no hurricanes in the UK. This is at Long Cross Studios in the heart of heart the Surrey countryside. This is a movie prop. The ones that they are building for SW:GE are being built in China and should be delivered within the next four months.
I trust that your first sentence was sarcastic !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom