Disney Treasure, DCL’s 6th ship, debuts in 2024

mickEblu

To your last sentence, I didn't lose it,that was clear to me, and its totally reasonable.

My first two DCL cruises were on the Dream, because it did captivate me (clearly didn't have the same effect on you,which is fine).

Then I sailed on the Magic, and the smaller ship.was even more attractive to us. I've sailed on all.four original ships, plus the Wish.

The Fantasy is laid out the same.as the Dream but has different theming (and, IMO, a way better adult area). The Wonder (as you know) has the same relationship to the Magic, yet I much prefer the Magic.

I didn't love the Wish, and as a result have no interest in the Treasure. You may find that you like the layout of the Triton class ships (Wish, Treasure)

The show is definitely distracting. The food is good. The tables are FARTOOCLOSETOGETHER for the comfort of guests or waitstaff. At least in the Marvel.restaurant, the screens on both sides allow all.diners to see.the entire show.

In the Frozen restaurant, you are again squashed together, but the tables are.arranged so that half of the diners have their backs to the stage. Definitely less.than ideal.to enjoy the show.

Similar.experience in 1923, the ambience is wonderful, but we were a group of 20.adults, and they seated us at a long table along the back wall, half of us on a banquette, the other half facing on chairs, with no space between the tables. One of the group who was seated on the banquette and needed.to use the restroom halfway through dinner, rather than have several people.squeeze out of their seats and through the small.space between our table and the next, actually crawled.under the table to get out.

Once was.enough for me, if you choose to.sail on the Wish, I hope you have a better experience.

See that’s a big one. For me dinner is the main event. Not being comfortable there would be a huge let down. I liked our table placements on the Dream. Don’t remember what requests I made but it all worked out. Enchanted Garden we had a table for 8 with our backs to an empty bar in the back of the room. Royal Palace we had a half booth in the center of the room. Animators Palette had a table by a screen in one of the little rooms alongside the main dining room.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I can’t say exactly why but we prefer Fantasy to Dream
I would be hard a pressed to choose between the two. As.mentioned, the Fantasy has the edge in the adult area, but that chandelier on the Dream...😍

😂
disembarkation is downright miserable on average
Fact.

Not even as.an average, but every single time...
5+ night sailings are actually a MUCH better ratio of fun to hassle.
My first Dream cruise was 4 nights, believe it.or not with a bunch of wonderful ladies who.all.met.on this forum, and as.soon as.I got home I told.my husband we had to go. I let him.choose and he went with a 3-night "in case he didn't like.it". His second DCL was a 5-night on the Magic to Canada, and from then on, he refuses to.consider anything less.than five nights. We've done 8-night Alaska.cruises on the Wonder, and a transatlantic is on his bucket list.
Hyperspace Lounge)
I was very disappointed in the Hyperspace.Lounge. Thought they could have done a LOT more with the theming, the screen is the only thing that suggests " outer space "
Totally unacceptable and honestly horrifying
Indeed. How nimble must a 60-something woman be to go out under the table.like that? We were equally horrified that it was the only way out, and impressed she was able.to do.it. 😁

The ladies that I sail.with have chosen the Treasure for next years girls.cruise. Sadly, I.will.break.my streak.of 10+ sailings with the group, because after the Wish, I just have no desire for Treasure.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
See that’s a big one. For me dinner is the main event. Not being comfortable there would be a huge let down. I liked our table placements on the Dream. Don’t remember what requests I made but it all worked out. Enchanted Garden we had a table for 8 with our backs to an empty bar in the back of the room. Royal Palace we had a half booth in the center of the room. Animators Palette had a table by a screen in one of the little rooms alongside the main dining room.
There is so.much more.space.in the restaurants on the classic ships, much more.pleasant dining experience.

The Tangled restaurant on the Magic is a good time.

Being completely honest, my one cruise on the Wish was my first time sailing concierge, so.I was determined to "get my moneys worth" and spent so.much time.in the lounge that I didn't get to try any of the pool.deck.eateries (I was really looking forward.to the BBQ but ran out of time). I had breakfast in Marceline Market twice,and found it comparable to Cabanas.

C33Mom

Not even as.an average, but every single time...
We had one disembarkation (of 7) that wasn’t a nightmare, but all it’s done is made it harder for me to accept the reality of Disney disembarkation being about as bad as the Test Track lightening lane experience. I see you said you did concierge once on Wish— was that disembarkation equally awful? Do you know how late you can stay in the lounge? We are supposed to be doing it for a Christmastime sailing this year and the two main reasons I’m willing to fork over extra $$ are because I want a Cabana on CC and I want to disembark in a more civilized manner.
I was very disappointed in the Hyperspace.Lounge. Thought they could have done a LOT more with the theming, the screen is the only thing that suggests " outer space "
So I am pretty big SW fan— I think it would have been possible to do a bit more, but just opening the “air lock” doors was super fun for me. Also enjoy the somewhat exotic drinks and between or 2022 sailing and our 2023 sailing they introduced a weird smoke bubble gun that added extra whimsy. We also enjoyed identifying spaceships and other easter eggs on the screen as we jumped from planet to planet. I think making it less razzle dazzle Disney (lightsaber glowing swizzle sticks?) and more low key luxury ship works for super fans but maybe seems boring if you don’t get excited identifying spacecraft.
The ladies that I sail.with have chosen the Treasure for next years girls.cruise. Sadly, I.will.break.my streak.of 10+ sailings with the group, because after the Wish, I just have no desire for Treasure.
No judgment either way, but I think you should reconsider. I’d pick a cruise on an awful ship with friends over a cruise on my favorite ship (which isn’t a DCL ship) without them. Will Treasure have most of the same problems as Wish? Probably! Can you still have a good time? I bet yes.

One final note if anybody at DCL reads this: it would be much easier to overlook the dining room shortcomings if they kept the better (BBQ and/or Mexican buffet) poolside dining options open through at least 8pm.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I see you said you did concierge once on Wish— was that disembarkation equally awful
No, I'm.pretty sure we got walked off the ship from.concierge...I may have blocked the memory in favor of.my overall lack.of enthusiasm for the ship's design.

just opening the “air lock” doors was super fun for me. Also enjoy the somewhat exotic drinks and between or 2022 sailing and our 2023 sailing they introduced a weird smoke bubble gun that added extra whimsy. We also enjoyed identifying spaceships and other easter eggs on the screen as we jumped from planet to planet
The door was super.cool. 😎

The drinks were stupid expensive. 😬 I thought the bubble.smoke (or smoke bubble) thing was overused (in every single bar, plus mixology, where you're supposed to be able to replicate the drinks at home!). I'm married to a big SW fan and have assimilated (see.what I did there 😎) quite a bit of SW lore, and I never even noticed any of the Easter eggs on screen, probably because I was busy internally criticizing the inferior decor and how it lacked any sense of Star Wars. 😆
No judgment either way, but I think you should reconsider. I’d pick a cruise on an awful ship with friends over a cruise on my favorite ship (which isn’t a DCL ship) without them.

No joke, you've convinced me to reconsider. And if you think you'd like to get away any September with a bunch of like-minded ladies, you should join us! In fact, if I do change my mind, I'm.going to need a roommate. 😉😎

C33Mom

I never even noticed any of the Easter eggs on screen, probably because I was busy internally criticizing the inferior decor and how it lacked any sense of Star Wars. 😆
🤣 I like it because (if you are willing to forget you’re on a giant cruise ship) I think it actually feels like you could just be a random rich person on a space yacht glimpsing places that you know from the movies…but I bet Disney is now wishing they just replicated Mos Eisley cantina complete with animatronic band, since I’m clearly in the minority.
No joke, you've convinced me to reconsider. And if you think you'd like to get away any September with a bunch of like-minded ladies, you should join us! In fact, if I do change my mind, I'm.going to need a roommate. 😉😎
I’m so happy about this and honored to be invited. Do you go each September? Trying to decide who would be more upset—my husband left behind watching the kids for a week or my kids when they learned I did the Treasure without them after they’ve been begging me to sail on it to no avail for a year. 🤣

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
🤣 I like it because (if you are willing to forget you’re on a giant cruise ship) I think it actually feels like you could just be a random rich person on a space yacht glimpsing places that you know from the movies…but I bet Disney is now wishing they just replicated Mos Eisley cantina complete with animatronic band, since I’m clearly in the minority.

I’m so happy about this and honored to be invited. Do you go each September? Trying to decide who would be more upset—my husband left behind watching the kids for a week or my kids when they learned I did the Treasure without them after they’ve been begging me to sail on it to no avail for a year. 🤣
We do go every September. Because of hurricane season, pricing is low(ish) at that time 😆 but it means that there are no teachers in the group.

Our motto is "no men, no kids, no problems" 😎 And we have annual t-shirts to say so.

DCBaker

Premium Member
New update on the Disney Treasure:

Peter Pan and Captain Hook have finally made their way onto the Disney Treasure!

A year ago, the ship’s log revealed the first artist rendering of the Disney Treasure’s stern. All these months later, the team at Meyer Werft Shipyard is celebrating the installment of the character sculptures. Before making their way to Papenburg, Germany, the sculptures were built in California. To give an idea of the scale of these characters, Peter Pan is over 9 feet tall and wears a size 36.5 shoe! Both figures were carefully lifted by the shipyard team with cranes and securely bolted to the ship’s stern. Captain Hook and Peter Pan complement the Disney Treasure’s theme of adventure and add a touch of Disney magic to the classically designed exterior of the ship.

dcl-ships-log-character-stern-reveal-1-1440x1080.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom