Disney Traditions!

ditzeechick02

Original Poster
Hey... just thought this may be a fun thread.. do you guys have any traditions that you do when you first get to WDW or DL.. any rides you have to go on first, places you can't not see while on your vacation.. restaurants you HAVE to eat at while you're there... I'll start

Every time (except the last time) my family always goes on It's A Small World ride (last time it was in rehab) it's the first ride we ride and the last ride we ride. I don't know why, it's just something we do!!!

Have fun discussing!!!

shoppingnut

On the way from the airport, we always stop at Jungle Jim's in the Crossroads for an hamburger, check into our hotel and head over to the MK. MK is always the first park we go to.

Dwarful

We always do several things:
~enjoy an ice cream cone on Main Street USA while waiting for the parade
~group photo on Main Street USA
~MOST IMPORTANTLY we sing "I'm Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA" while walking into the Magic Kingdom for the first day of the trip! just makes us all relaxed and silly (and the kids are still too young to be embrsd. by the antics of their parents)
~eat at the Biergarten at least once
~rice cream in Norway and of course at least 1 dole whip!

Pioneer Hall

We don't have any solid concrete traditions, but we do tend to do many things the same way. WE will eat at the same restaurants and usually hold an order to the parks we visit and how we visit them. We try to do things a little spontaneouisly and try to avoid doing the same things over and over.

AllThatsJoey

My fiance Sara and I used to have a tradition where we couldn't leave WDW without a pair of Blue Spoons from the mainstreet icecream parlor. I still have all of them that we collected over the 4 year span that we had our annual passes. Other than that we make a point to take a walk on the BoardWalk every trip and try to eat at atleast one of the non quick service restraunts, usually Chef Mickey's.

-Joey

WDWRLD

First night and last nighgt at MK, dole whips, and watch the kiss goodnight on the last night of our trip.......something about hearing Mickey saying "See Ya Real Soon".

tigsmom

The MK is always the first park we visit
We must have a hot dog at Casey's
We always stop for a quick snack at the Main Street Bakery
And we always have the All You Care to Eat Skillet Breakfast at the Whispering Canyon (usually a few times)

MichelleBelle

Sorry - random question

I've only been to WDW 4 times in my 23 years, but I pretty much can keep up with everything I read on here.

I have one question - what is a Dole Whip? and what is a Beaver Tail?

I'm sure many who read this will gasp, but yes, I have no clue what these are nor have I ever ingested them.

ditzeechick02

Original Poster
One thing I remembered... we ALWAYS have a character breakfast.. normally on the last day of our trip.. last year though we did it the first day of our trip.

saucymb

After we check in to our resort, if it's before noon we'll head to MK. We always start in Adventureland and go clockwise. Dole Whip is the first stop! If it's after noon, we'll just grab lunch at our resort and maybe head to Downtown Disney. First stop at Downtown Disney? Why, the scrapbook store!

jacksnightmare

By the time that we get to WDW we dont have enough time to do a park. So when we check in and go to the room I am always pulling my girlfriend out the door because she wants to unpack and put everything in the drawers. When I manage to get her out of the room we go to DTD first and the first stop is Art of Disney.

On the second day we always get to MGM to ride Rockin Roller Coaster and TOT, then leave and go to Epcot.

Now we have started to do a character meal atleast once on a trip. Last time it was Crystal Palace and this time it is Chef Mickeys.

SirNim

On my last two trips I've adopted the tradition of purchasing a little magic trick at Magic Masters the first day down at DTD... :)

DisneySam

I always ride the Haunted Mansion first thing when the MK opens. I am not sure how we started this tradition, but since its my favorite ride I guess it makes sense. We always spend the first evening driving around and going to DTD. The first thing my best friend and I do is go to the Virgin Megastore, and the Movie Memorabilia store and look at all the great posters. We also always save the World of Disney for our last night there.

mickeem101

Right after we check in, we head to the MK for a hot dog at Casey's and a picture on Main Street.

Last day, MK is the last park we are in, and get a dole whip for the walk out of the park.

(I see a food theme here??)

tinkish

MichelleBelle said:
I've only been to WDW 4 times in my 23 years, but I pretty much can keep up with everything I read on here.

I have one question - what is a Dole Whip? and what is a Beaver Tail?

I'm sure many who read this will gasp, but yes, I have no clue what these are nor have I ever ingested them.

I'm with you! I've no idea what a dole whip is! It sounds like a dole pineapple with whipped cream on it? Am I wrong? And I don't even want to guess what a beaver tail could be! :lol:

SirNim

tinkish said:
I'm with you! I've no idea what a dole whip is! It sounds like a dole pineapple with whipped cream on it? Am I wrong? And I don't even want to guess what a beaver tail could be! :lol:
This is, I suppose, just as good a time as any for my "infamouse" photo:

The ice cream/sorbet-looking swirl on top is a Dole Whip. It's pineapple ice cream.
TheDoleWhip.jpg

Canada no longer sells BeaverTails (but they are a franchised chain in Canada, so if you seriously wanted a BeaverTail, go to, say, Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal and you can get one). They are basically fried dough topped with sweet or savory toppings - like chocolate hazlenut cream...

cj2me

We always head to MK after check in. We have dinner as a family at Liberty Tree and then watch Spectromagic and Wishes.

I always have to purchase a christmas ornament on every trip.

WDWRLD

Dole whip is soft serve ice cream with Dole pineapple juice mixed in as the ice cream is made. When you enter Adventure land from the Hub walk towards Aladans Magic Carpet ride and look for the line of ppl, they will be waiting for their dole whips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom