Disney to stream live the dedication ceremony for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if it's just me or not but that was a REALLY lame dedication program, particularly at the end when Snow White and Dopey did their thing. And May 28th, really? What's the hold-up for another month?

As has been discussed in other threads it might have to do with getting the requisite number of trains running all at the same time.

SorcererDonald16

Not sure if it's just me or not but that was a REALLY lame dedication program, particularly at the end when Snow White and Dopey did their thing. And May 28th, really? What's the hold-up for another month?

It did seem rather short and to the point, didn't it? I certainly didn't think it would take them that long to officially open it either. I sure hope it will be in soft openings prior to that.

This is cutting it so close for us if not. Our last park day is the 31st.

Not sure how soft openings work, but with a family I don't have time to wait around a ride hoping for a soft opening time. We need to plan ahead and get a fast pass or know that we will be standing in line for the ride.

jessfriends

I hope there are soft openings May 12-18 while I am there! If not I will have to wait until October and I have not watched any videos of the ride so I will be surprised.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure how soft openings work, but with a family I don't have time to wait around a ride hoping for a soft opening time. We need to plan ahead and get a fast pass or know that we will be standing in line for the ride.

I believe soft openings begin with random short openings, but as time goes on they keep the ride open for longer stretches.

SorcererDonald16

I've done soft openings for Everest and TSMM. With TSMM, it was closed early in the day, then it randomly opened in the afternoon right when we were walking by and stayed open until late. Everest was open the whole day, operating as if it was open "for real."

I guess it is a wait and see thing. I hope y'all get to ride.

jessfriends

Years ago when Rock n Roller Coaster was having soft openings we had no idea and a cast member approached us and asked if we would like to ride the ride even though it was not open yet. At the time we had no idea of the ride or about soft openings. I think it was in June and the ride opened in July. Maybe I will be lucky this time!

Mawg

So the count down they have for miners wanted, do you think that is a count down to when soft opening are?

I've done soft openings for Everest and TSMM. With TSSM, it was closed early in the day, then it randomly opened in the afternoon right when we were walking by and stayed open until late. Everest was open the whole day, operating as if it was open "for real."

I guess it is a wait and see thing. I hope y'all get to ride.

Thanks for the info...I guess we can hope to be "walking" by at the right time while we are there.

So the count down they have for miners wanted, do you think that is a count down to when soft opening are?

I hope so! My 9 year old son REALLY wants to ride this and we leave Disney on the 27th. Really wish it wasn't opening basically a month from now. I guess we should have booked even LATER in the spring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom