Disney to stream live the dedication ceremony for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

DrewmanS

I've posted onto my youtube the webevent. You can watch it here;

I know most of the people in attendance are 'press' with blogs, but I find it funny that everyone has their phones and cameras out. There is little reaction during the introductions. Tom's speech begins with "Thank you" but there was dead silence as he walked on stage. At one point I think you can hear cast members trying to clap and cheer to get reactions.

Last edited:

Bocabear

This was without a doubt the stupidest press event I have ever seen.... Here are the Dwarfs... Here is Snow White... the golden pickaxe! Now strike the rock and fireworks go off...and then...Ok, ummm see you all in a few weeks...Should that not have all happened as they opened the ride instead? I just did not understand the point of this event... A media sneak peek a couple days early is great, but not with a big dedication ceremony. Just poor planning and stupid.

rkelly42

That was a waste of time. You have a dedication ceremony, and then we will open it to you in about 4 weeks. I understand there is probably more testing and training to be done, and if that is the case then wait to have the dedication when it is ready to be open.

I agree, I want those minutes of my life back. Definitely a waste - what was the difference from a simple press release they could have done weeks or months ago?

NearTheEars

I did laugh when they had such a non reaction to the opening date and he had to get out that he doesn't want to wait that long either.

Was it just a media event? If so, I'm not even a little surprised that there wasn't much crowd reaction. Most reporters don't clap and cheer during press conferences.

Kman101

It was funny because it seemed to be Tom expected applause and got nothing so he tried to joke about it.

Pretty sure it was just media.

They also had Ginger Zee from Good Morning America promoting the New Fantasyland and Magic Bands.

Kman101

I would think they'd have ideally liked to have it open right after the media event, but things clearly got a little delayed, so, since they already did everything for the media event, they probably figured they'd still go through with the media and dedication. All it was was dedicating the ride, but to me, it just seems they had wanted it open but couldn't so they went through with it anyway. Just an assumption. I could be wrong about that of course, and May 28th was always the plan.

Soarin' Over Pgh

...That's it? Yikes.

But thank you, @wdwmagic for the play-by-play account for those of us who are/were already at work/school and missed it.

It's nice to see all the dwarves out. Costumes look freshly cleaned and pressed, too.

Gringrinngghost

I've ripped to post on to another site before the live dedications of Carsland, Seven Dawfs, Star Tours (Both Parks), the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and World of Color. My favorite is World of Color, it appears they don't bother anymore. Especially Tom Staggs, I prefer the ones with Bob Iger.

Webb

SDMT opening May 28th :( We leave in 10 days and will miss it by 8 days... Maybe an AP or DVC previews will happen? I'll hope for the best and make sure to do lots of walk bys! lol

(My true reaction is BOOOO BOOOO TO YOU DISNEY!!)

Obi

i'm starting to think that tom staggs is an animatronic... every video, that i've seen him in, makes him look so emotionless, wooden, robotic. as much as i love star wars, the way he presents himself, he could've gotten a role to act in epsiodes 1-3.... *shakes head*... come on, tom.. put some enthusiasm into it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom