Disney to serve healthier food at parks

duckburg85

Original Poster
I remember Disney talking about this when they ended their deal with McDonalds. It's nice to know that more of the junky food sold at the parks will be replaced with healthier foods. "Under the Disney plan, trans fats will be eliminated from meals at domestic parks by the end of next year and will not be included in licensed and promotional products by 2008."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15294531/

blakesse06

:animwink: glad to here disney is getting away from the trans fat thing if anything this means food will be fresher tasting because trans fats are added into oil mostly so that it can be used longer whithout being changed so this couldent be a bad thing but I dont eat anything fried anyways so it wont matter to me .

tigsmom

i hate health food
*shudder*

Not health food, healthier food...there is a difference.

Take the time to read some of the articles linked in the other threads and you will see that there really won't be much of a difference. Fries will be cooked in healthier oils (no flavor/texture change), the meats used in burgers will be lower in fat content (something a lot of people are doing anyway). More fresh fruits and veggies will be made available as well as lower fat milk and more fruit juices.

You can still get your favorite treats, just in smaller portions. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom