Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

Mouse_Trap

So, at this point, is it safe to assume star wars land will be announced at D23?
No, not at all.

Once star wars weekends end, is there any other time they could do it?
The next D23 in 2 years time maybe?

I'm still hoping they never come, at least not to an existing park. Star Wars really has no place in a Disney park, one or two rides in somewhere like DHS is one thing, but not a whole land. If they must develop something then then it should be a separate park in WDW and not Disney branded.

Unfortunately, I doubt my wish is likely to stay true for too much longer

DManRightHere

No, not at all.

I'm still hoping they never come, at least not to an existing park. Star Wars really has no place in a Disney park, one or two rides in somewhere like DHS is one thing, but not a whole land. If they must develop something then then it should be a separate park in WDW and not Disney branded.

Come on! Star Wars goes well with HS and the eventual transition of the park can embrace Star Wars even more.Star Wars Land will hopefully be the next Wizarding World of Harry Potter, even if it is done badly...I hope Disney spends the money for a great immersive land! Too bad we have to wait many years to find out if I'm right :(

No, not at all.

So make believe stories that Disney didn't create from scratch shouldn't have prominent place in the parks? Darn, guess we need to bulldoze the castles. ;)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Either:

Star Wars Celebration.
May the Fourth.
D23.
WDW's Summer Press Conference.
Juneteenth.
Bastile Day.
World UFO Day.
Slurpee Day.
Tabletop Day.
Vinyl Record Day.
Rosh Hashanah.
All Saints Day.
Halloween.
Veteran's Day.
Thanksgiving.
Christmas.
New Years.
MLK Day.
Groundhogs Day.

So definitely one of those.

It will be announced sometime in the next decade on a day ending in Y

PhotoDave219

So, at this point, is it safe to assume star wars land will be announced at D23? Once star wars weekends end, is there any other time they could do it?

Star Wars should only be announced for Disneyland while at D 23.

As for the Florida part of this? Who knows. I keep being told the same repetitive drumbeat… Not until after the movie comes out.

Theoretically, they could do it any damn time they wanted.

My personal feelings are that it's big enough to have its own stage at its own event. If it didn't happen at Star Wars celebration? Unlikely to happen anytime soon…

Edit: I will be very happy to be wrong about this.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I say the first new Star Wars attractions go to DLR. Sigh....

I don't know much about Disneyland, but isn't there a space concern (no pun intended) at that park? Wouldn't they have to demolish something before they added something else?

Wouldn't it be easier to build a Star Wars Land at WDW where they would be able to expand a park like DHS?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I don't know much about Disneyland, but isn't there a space concern (no pun intended) at that park? Wouldn't they have to demolish something before they added something else?

Wouldn't it be easier to build a Star Wars Land at WDW where they would be able to expand a park like DHS?

While there isn't an abundance of space, there is some. There are attractions that have been rumored to be on the chopping block also... Additional space is available for a 3rd park if need be... Also, in small holdings, Disney has been purchasing homes nearby their Hotels and near the giant CP lot...

*1023*

Progress.City

The general consensus here is that they will only announce Star Wars plans for DL, which is expected to be built in a quicker timeframe compared to WDW's Star Wars stuff.
If I were Iger, I'd be planning a Star Wars theme park as DL's third park and WDW's fifth park, and negotiate a Star Wars park for Hong Kong and Shanghai. I'd also ask Imagineers to design other theme parks based on other IP such as Marvel, with no intended locations for building it - just for concept exploration.

Progress.City

While there isn't an abundance of space, there is some. There are attractions that have been rumored to be on the chopping block also... Additional space is available for a 3rd park if need be... Also, in small holdings, Disney has been purchasing homes nearby their Hotels and near the giant CP lot...

*1023*
Sorry for not using multi-quote. Do you have a link for these land purchases you just mentioned? Last land I know if that they purchased was that trailer park on the northern edge of the property.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Sorry for not using multi-quote. Do you have a link for these land purchases you just mentioned? Last land I know if that they purchased was that trailer park on the northern edge of the property.

Disney's purchases are handled with Holdings Companies to mask things in most cases. They recently did it publicly with Carousel Holdings EAT to purchase the Carousel Inn across the street from Disneyland/DCA. Purchasing a "Fund of properties" is common now and "assembling" large plots of land from individual parcels is a practice for some investors. Diversified companies usually use smaller entities to hold assets. When going long on this type of investment, you hire a management firm to handle renting out the homes in your fund. Things could be simpler if Anaheim could get away with "eminent domain" acquisition of property for "highest and best use".

*1023*

Last edited:

Progress.City

Disney's purchases are handled with Holdings Companies to mask things in most cases. They recent did it publicly with Carousel Holdings EAT to purchase the Carousel Inn across the street from Disneyland/DCA. Purchasing a "Fund of properties" is common now and "assembling" large plots of land from individual parcels is a practice for some investors. Diversified companies usually use smaller entities to hold assets. When going long on this type of investment, you hire a management firm to handle renting out the homes in your fund. Things could be simpler Anaheim could get away with "public domain" acquisition of property for "highest and best use".

*1023*
Just before you posted, I found this:

http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/04/30/disneyland-buys-a-harbor-blvd-hotel/

Besides Carousel, any others you know of?

Is Carousel where the proposed street car is supposed to run?

EDIT - The last land purchase I know of before Carousel was this:

http://www.chipandco.com/disneyland-buys-land-164530/

So, what I want to know is what else has been acquired between these two.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom