News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mask requirements are effectively removed across the board. Does this thread even need to be open anymore?

Just Asking GIF
I think we'll keep it open until Disney fully drops all mention of masks.

correcaminos

Straight from the horses mouth. Using kids as a reason to keep Covid measures is getting to be ridiculous. Also I believe I read somewhere that the UK is going to advise against vaccination in anyone under the age of 18. Reason for that? There at a higher risk of complications from vaccination vs sever complications from Covid-19.
This is a mask thread, not an anti-vax thread. The reason why some say no to it? “In low and lower-middle income countries, Covid-19 vaccine supply has not been enough to even immunise healthcare workers, and hospitals are being inundated with people who need lifesaving care urgently,”

So look at that before spreading more anti-vax stuff on a mask thread.

I masked my kid to protect others more than himself. Shame on me for caring for others. I am sure soon-ish we'll see no masks at Disney and then this thread can finally close.

ColeTrain04

This is a mask thread, not an anti-vax thread. The reason why some say no to it? “In low and lower-middle income countries, Covid-19 vaccine supply has not been enough to even immunise healthcare workers, and hospitals are being inundated with people who need lifesaving care urgently,”

I masked my kid to protect others more than himself. Shame on me for caring for others. I am sure soon-ish we'll see no masks at Disney and then this thread can finally close.

So the CDC data is anti vax? Also I’m fully vaccinated so how am I anti vax? And because I’m vaccinated, I could care less who isn’t.

There is also no shame in wanting to protect others. However, I’m not sure how much masking a child makes a difference. It’s been well known for quite some time that children do not spread Covid the same way adults do. Again verifying my point that using children as an excuse to keep Covid measures in place is getting ridiculous.

ColeTrain04

Also here’s an article that says they are waiting to see the science behind the vaccines because they are concerned there is more risk to the vaccine that there is for Covid in children. I’m not anti vax. I’m stating facts. Just because those facts don’t align with your feelings doesn’t make them any less true.

correcaminos

So the CDC data is anti vax? Also I’m fully vaccinated so how am I anti vax? And because I’m vaccinated, I could care less who isn’t.

There is also no shame in wanting to protect others. However, I’m not sure how much masking a child makes a difference. It’s been well known for quite some time that children do not spread Covid the same way adults do. Again verifying my point that using children as an excuse to keep Covid measures in place is getting ridiculous.
Last time... wrong thread. Please don't quote me again here on vaccines. This is masks, not vaccines (cdc approved for emergency use btw). Read your article and don't appreciate your pigeon holing me either. So stop assuming you know me and my feelings. You absolutely do not.

My kid is 13 and adult sized and not in the same category as those who cannot vaccinate yet. Teens had an uptick in covid and my kid's classmates absolutely did spread to each other and their parents. So not sure why wanting to mask my teen who has immunocompromised family is bad. Why people are arguing 15 months later baffles me.

I also am not using kids as an excuse. In fact I was happy to drop masks as a vaccinated person while my spouse and kid were not. Putting family going through cancer treatments or other immunocompromised issues at risk will never be okay. Now we're all vaccinated and I don't worry. Should we make kids mask still? I leave that up to experts.

TehPuddingMan

I took the monorail when I left the Magic Kingdom yesterday. We were told we need to wear our masks while riding. I’d say 50% of the people in my monorail car ignored it and didn’t wear a mask. So much for enforcement.

correcaminos

I took the monorail when I left the Magic Kingdom yesterday. We were told we need to wear our masks while riding. I’d say 50% of the people in my monorail car ignored it and didn’t wear a mask. So much for enforcement.
I'd say Friday last week 10% were not masked. To be honest we had the whole section to ourselves and contemplated removing.... but did not because rules and such.

We also had to do a lobby at BRV run sans masks. They fell at the pool and got soaked. The one in the room was asleep and missed our texts so we just went for it. Fortunately no one cared, including the family who stopped to ask us for help with directions. We apologized about our soaked masks, said we were all fully vaccinated and they were not upset as they were too. I'd say half were not wearing in BRV lobby even. People either are vaccinated/had covid and feel safe sans masks or never worried to begin with.

I would imagine every day less will "care"

LittleBuford

This sort of behaviour is very selfish and unfortunate. I live in an apartment building that still requires masks in all common areas. When certain residents or visitors ignore this rule (and thankfully it’s only a small number), the rest of us are put in the position of either feeling uncomfortable or asking them to mask up, a request that entails its own kind of discomfort.

I wish people would just follow the rules.

TehPuddingMan

This sort of behaviour is very selfish and unfortunate. I live in an apartment building that still requires masks in all common areas. When certain residents or visitors ignore this rule (and thankfully it’s only a small number), the rest of us are put in the position of either feeling uncomfortable or asking them to mask up, a request that entails its own kind of discomfort.

I wish people would just follow the rules.

I don’t think they were being selfish. They were in the park all day and didn’t have to wear masks. The requirement on the monorail doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Maybe they didn’t know, not everyone follows Disney blogs like we do.

LittleBuford

I don’t think they were being selfish. They were in the park all day and didn’t have to wear masks. The requirement on the monorail doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Maybe they didn’t know, not everyone follows Disney blogs like we do.
Aren’t there signs and announcements about the requirement? Why would they need to read a blog to know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom