News Disney to pilot registered nurse first-aid centers at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

trainplane3

Oh man. Where was this in August when I was on the toilet, holding a garbage can on my lap and trying not to fall asleep for 5 hours? Now if they end up expanding this with drug delivery to the room. I would've payed well just to have some medication delivered to the room. Saratoga's main store is a long walk from anywhere on property when you're having...issues.

NelleBelle

Oh man. Where was this in August when I was on the toilet, holding a garbage can on my lap and trying not to fall asleep for 5 hours? Now if they end up expanding this with drug delivery to the room. I would've payed well just to have some medication delivered to the room. Saratoga's main store is a long walk from anywhere on property when you're having...issues.
That’s really no fun:( Could Amazon Prime have delivered to the room??

JIMINYCR

I can see this being a good feature that will be utilized. Having a nurse nearby that can care for minor things and make the call that a higher level of care might be needed could be valuable. With the recent flu being so contagious and some deaths involved, it might make a difference for some. When DW & I were new parents we were always unsure of what level of care might be needed for DS and sometimes we under or overreacted.

NelleBelle

This seems odd...what's the angle?
Why would there be an angle? When we were staying at Coronado in ‘16, my youngest DS developed a weird rash on his face after we had just gotten of our Disney Cruise. After a couple of days of hydrocortisone cream, it was getting worse. It would have been really handy to see an actual RN rather than trying to FaceTime my mom (who is an ER RN) back home. We ended up trekking to the park to see the first-aid nurse, and eventually ended up at an urgent care clinic. We would’ve likely ended up at the urgent care clinic to anyway but it would’ve saved the long trek to the nurse at the first-aid clinic if there wasn’t one at the resort.

trainplane3

That’s really no fun:( Could Amazon Prime have delivered to the room??
No idea. I figured if it was food poisoning, it'd blow over by end of day. It did, luckily. My friends ran to the store in the morning and bought pepto bismol, crackers, and ginger ale. I'm pretty good at sucking it up and dealing with stuff when it effects me. This service would've been a huge plus regardless and I probably would've used it. Included with the room price or not, insurance or not, I would've used it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unfortunately there are some on this site who believe there is a negative hidden agenda with everything Disney does, even if it’s a positive win for Guests

You mean profit? Cause that's the agenda and it isn't hidden.

My question is: why are they doing this now?
I'm wondering if this is to keep people from departing property/using urgent cares?

...when's the last time they looked at anything in wdw and said "you know what...we should do this! We'll eat the cost...no big deal"

celluloid

You mean profit? Cause that's the agenda and it isn't hidden.

My question is: why are they doing this now?
I'm wondering if this is to keep people from departing property/using urgent cares?

...when's the last time they looked at anything in wdw and said "you know what...we should do this! We'll eat the cost...no big deal"

Exactly. Like any business descision it there are multi reasons. It can be a win for the guest and the company at times. it does not always have to be mututally exclusive. Ignore anyone who gives you a hard time about asking the angle.

I think you are right, in part it would be due to the time a family spends outside of the resort at Urgent Care. Also to save on potentially bringing in further more costly medical or health expertise when a RN could handle it at the scene. With the property so spread out and the hotels so far apart, it can be less costly just to have someone at each area of property that can handle it.
For example, All Stars will have one, Pop Century and Art of Animation will have another.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. Like any business descision it there are multi reasons. It can be a win for the guest and the company at times. it does not always have to be mututally exclusive. Ignore anyone who gives you a hard time about asking the angle.

I think you are right, in part it would be due to the time a family spends outside of the resort at Urgent Care. Also to save on potentially bringing in further more costly medical or health expertise when a RN could handle it at the scene. With the property so spread out and the hotels so far apart, it can be less costly just to have someone at each area of property that can handle it.
For example, All Stars will have one, Pop Century and Art of Animation will have another.

Those that Give a hard time when the angle is asked are Disney apologists 99.5% of the time...

I'm well aware. But I would neve "ignore" them...
...I stand behind the glass and point ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Mmmm hmmm...it could very well be to just limit the amount of callouts to RCFD and the sheriffs.

One is a disney puppet state and the other may well backcharge them.

Doesn't mean it's bad for any of us...but there probably is an angle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom