Disney to expand cancellation fees to all table service restaurants at Walt Disney World

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I was just thinking that with MDE it would be simple (well, apparently the programmers aren't finding ANYTHING simple, but...) to prevent multiple (at the same time) dining reservations in the parks by have their MDE account linked to tickets (to show that they can actually get into the parks to do the dining) and then, since there is only one MDE account associated with those tickets, it's easy to stop two or more dining reservations to be made at the same time.

This bit here. TDO is thick headed without a doubt. Making that move would take it to even higher levels of shooting themselves in the foot. That would make too much of a hassle to dine. I don't want to be bothered with that crap and honestly, the system might not even be able to handle it. Simple credit card holds have already proven successful with the eateries it is already implemented at. The success is shown with expanding it to more. I have had walkups at the place it is currently implemented that I have not walked up to in year. Adding MDCTTmTtPaoWDW to it would be a large large deterrent. They want it to be booked up and have walk ins fill the not booked up.

SteveAZee

OK, I think I see your point. I was thinking that IF the goal is to avoid multiple restaurant bookings (people book four places then just use one of them), which is bad for EVERYONE, then perhaps having a single ID (one that carries the weight of identity, but doesn't require one to, let's say, fork over one's SS#), then that might help alleviate things. If people can't do multiple bookings that result in unattended meals, perhaps there will be more space available for walk-ups. I really miss the days when I COULD walk up and after a short wait be seated most places. I'm trying to find a way to get back to that without this whole escalation process of booking 180 days out and then paying cancellation fees (which well off/rich people will do anyway for the convenience)... it's become (I think) a ridiculous system.

I think our goal is the same... to allow some combination of reservations and walk-ups to most places. My guess is that that whole MDE (MM+) is the way Disney is pushing things. I would THINK that if that's indeed the way things will are headed, then perhaps once the kinks of the current system are worked out, it can then be used to help the overbooking issue without having to charge people a fee because something changed within 24 hours of their reservation.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
...multiple bookings that result in unattended meals, perhaps there will be more space available for walk-ups. I really miss the days when I COULD walk up and after a short wait be seated most places. I'm trying to find a way to get back to that without this whole escalation process of booking 180 days out and then paying cancellation fees (which well off/rich people will do anyway for the convenience)... it's become (I think) a ridiculous system.

I think our goal is the same... to allow some combination of reservations and walk-ups to most places. My guess is that that whole MDE (MM+) is the way Disney is pushing things. I would THINK that if that's indeed the way things will are headed, then perhaps once the kinks of the current system are worked out, it can then be used to help the overbooking issue without having to charge people a fee because something changed within 24 hours of their reservation.
Most well-off/rich people are more frugal than those of modest income. They don't continue to have money because they are in the habit of throwing it away.

SteveAZee

Some do, some don't. Some are (apparently) willing to hire disabled people to get them to the front of the lines as Disney... money for convenience.

willtravel

I wouldn't think so, considering some of the ADRs I've made for my trip didn't require a credit card on file.
Is there some type of warning on cancellation policy where it says you will now be charged when making ressie? This article says at least a day in advance. So it is not the night before that was suggested but 24 hour notice is needed?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Is there some type of warning on cancellation policy where it says you will now be charged when making ressie? This article says at least a day in advance. So it is not the night before that was suggested but 24 hour notice is needed?
I'm sure it's in the written policy somewhere, but I haven't made any recent ADRs....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It has to be on the day before, not 24 hours.

G00fyDad

Per Disney's own website.......

Q.

How can I cancel my dining reservation, and how much notice do I need to give when I make a cancellation?

A.

You can cancel your dining reservation online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day before your arrival. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Some restaurants may charge a fee for cancellations or no shows. Each restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort maintains its own cancellation policy, so be sure to check the policy when you are making your reservation.

For more information, please refer to the cancellation policy provided in your email confirmation.

willtravel

Per Disney's own website.......

Q.

How can I cancel my dining reservation, and how much notice do I need to give when I make a cancellation?

A.

You can cancel your dining reservation online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day before your arrival. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Some restaurants may charge a fee for cancellations or no shows. Each restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort maintains its own cancellation policy, so be sure to check the policy when you are making your reservation.

For more information, please refer to the cancellation policy provided in your email confirmation.
From how it reads, you might not be charged a cancellation fee. I'd be curious to see how many will not charge.

G00fyDad

From how it reads, you might not be charged a cancellation fee. I'd be curious to see how many will not charge.

What that is referring to is the cancellation fee of $10 that used to be applied to a few restaurants. Now that cancellation fee is going to be applied to all TS restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom