Disney to discuss buying Pixar

steamboat_will

Original Poster
In a New York Times article, it appears that this weekend Board of Directors at Disney will meet to discuss buying Pixar from Steve Jobs. It puts Jobs in an interesting position, as it would likely place him as a key stockholder in Disney.

"And there would be a lot of money in it for him. His 50.6 percent stake in Pixar would give him roughly $3.4 billion worth of Disney stock if the deal is priced at $6.8 billion, making him the biggest individual Disney shareholder."

To read the whole article, http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/20/business/media/20pixar.html (subscription required, I believe)

Thoughts, opinions, on this merger?

JimboJones123

steamboat_will said:
In a New York Times article, it appears that this weekend Board of Directors at Disney will meet to discuss buying Pixar from Steve Jobs. It puts Jobs in an interesting position, as it would likely place him as a key stockholder in Disney.

"And there would be a lot of money in it for him. His 50.6 percent stake in Pixar would give him roughly $3.4 billion worth of Disney stock if the deal is priced at $6.8 billion, making him the biggest individual Disney shareholder."

To read the whole article, http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/20/business/media/20pixar.html (subscription required, I believe)

Thoughts, opinions, on this merger?

jobs thoughts -- "i just got disney huaahhh hahaha"

GrimGhost

(Expecting flames) I think Jobs will bring --with Lasseter especially-- creativity to the core again. I also think (although he is selling to Disney) he will help keep Disney independent from this point on. I believe he is willing to sell Pixar only because in doing this knowing he will be the single largest shareholder of the Disney company.

steamboat_will

Original Poster
sorry for the duplicate threads. at least it was on the nytimes site this time, as opposed to CNBC or other financial reports. Hopefully it will get even more press this time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
GrimGhost said:
(Expecting flames) I think Jobs will bring --with Lasseter especially-- creativity to the core again. I also think (although he is selling to Disney) he will help keep Disney independent from this point on. I believe he is willing to sell Pixar only because in doing this knowing he will be the single largest shareholder of the Disney company.
I would do whatever I could to become the largest shareholder in Disney...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom