Disney themed rooms

MOUSE FAN

Original Poster
Awesome pics! When my first was born we tried to do a Mickey theme with red, yellow and black. Looked like a McDonald's drive thru!! Love to see more pics if anyone has any!

I love the big Mickey ears. I thought about doing that in our playroom with the paint you can actual chalk on. How did you make the ears so perfect? Thanks

bamafan64

2 years ago we had a friend help us do a princess room for what was then my 5 year old and soon to be new baby. She did a castle on one wall with shading and everything. It looks 3-dimensional because it goes over a closet that sticks out. To the left of the castle is a door which she turned into a garden with Cinderella greeting guests. We took a picture of my 5 year old in a princess dress and cut it out and put her in the center of the garden at a fountain. On the castle are stickers of each Disney princess that we put so it looks like they are looking out of towers of the castle. We painted the rest of the room pink. On the opposite wall we have little shelves with with shapes of the princesses attached to them. We also have several princess wall stickers around the room with princess wall border and princess curtains and comforter sets. We also have 3 sketches of princess drawn by Disney artists. I love it and so do my daughters.

Mickifan17

tommyboy12099 said:
I love the big Mickey ears. I thought about doing that in our playroom with the paint you can actual chalk on. How did you make the ears so perfect? Thanks

Thank you for the compliments. I basically used a nail and string with a pencil at the end, like a large compass. I started with the Mickey head and did lots of measuring for the ears to make sure they were even. If they didn't look even, i just tried again. Since I was painting it, I wasn't too concerned with some mistakes.

Only 105 more days til I'm Home!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Yellow Shoes

bamafan64 said:
She did a castle on one wall with... a garden with Cinderella greeting guests. We painted the rest of the room pink.

We bought a house with a similar mural--complete with a golden carriage for Cinderella.

My then-14 year old son was not terribly enchanted with it.
:hammer: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom