Disney testing allocated seating for Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios next week

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Well this is a bad idea. I see what they are trying to do but assigned seats for those who would rather sit towards the back to exit easier and not get wet most importantly will not be happy.

Why don't they just do it like restaurants like Be Our Guest for lunch or something, log in and select a guaranteed seat (but not a reserved seat assignment) and then leave it first come first serve as to where everyone sits? I guess they are trying to keep people lining up an hour or so early tho so I understand that part

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Well this is a bad idea. I see what they are trying to do but assigned seats for those who would rather sit towards the back to exit easier and not get wet most importantly will not be happy.

Why don't they just do it like restaurants like Be Our Guest for lunch or something, log in and select a guaranteed seat (but not a reserved seat assignment) and then leave it first come first serve as to where everyone sits? I guess they are trying to keep people lining up an hour or so early tho so I understand that part
They basically have that already like BOG because you can get a FP for Fantasmic which guarantees you seating. :)

WhatJaneSays

I can see the benefits of this testing structure, they can quickly see where the “breaking even” point of making the guests spend less time in the queue while giving them a better guarantee and causing less stress for the load-in cast.

While I wouldn’t mind being assigned a seat/row/section, I’d rather be given some options to choose from. I tend to luck out as a single person being able to duck in at the last moment and still get a great seat.

I am curious how/if this would impact FPs you already have. One would guess this would be handled similarly to the World of Color FP – like a free one. If you had pre-chosen FPs for another park or a FP that overlapped the return time for Fantasmic would the system not allow that?

Seat assignments could be an issue when you get down to individual specificity. If different people book at different times they would not be together and the seats near them would likely be taken already. I could see a halfway point of Section and X number of rows being assigned; easy enough to remember without checking the app/paper but specific enough for guest assurance.

allgiggles

I'm not sure if I like this or not. I like the idea of not having to stand in line for 30 minutes and then sit in the theater for another 30 minutes before the show starts, but we tend to go to Fantasmic on one of our short MK days or on our AK day -- so in our case, we might not arrive at the park early enough to get a FP for that night if they're going to require one for every seat in the theater. We typically just arrive about an hour before the show and get in that long line. If they actually implement this, I hope we'd be able to make the FP+ reservation through the app....ideally without having to be in the park and in addition to any other FP+'s we have reserved for that day (even if they're in a different park). If it ends up having to be one of your FP+ choices for DHS and the only way you can see the show is to have a FP, we probably won't bother with it anymore. It will be interesting to hear the feedback from those who participate in the test.

debg32

I don't think it's a bad idea however are they still going to offer the dinner packages? We were there last month and my 82 year old father had an ECV. The handicap seating where we were seated left much to be desired. They lined all the vehicles up at the top and then had the families sit in front. There were 4 of us. The woman next to my dad made sure her family all day in front of her. I was lucky to sit in front of my dad and the other 2 in our party had to sit a few rows down. Glad the other 4 in our party decided to skip it or who knows where they may have ended up. Disney is becoming the unfriendliest place on earth because of all the rude obnoxious people who think they are the only ones there.

rct247

It's more of a test for Rivers of Light than Fantasmic. Rivers of Light will be similar to how World of Color operates but with seating like Fantasmic.

peter11435

It's more of a test for Rivers of Light than Fantasmic. Rivers of Light will be similar to how World of Color operates but with seating like Fantasmic.
I find it very unlikely that rivers of light will include seating. That will look awful out in the open during the day. I feel like standing room like world of color is the way to go. That will look better while not in use and accommodate more guests.

ToTBellHop

I find it very unlikely that rivers of light will include seating. That will look awful out in the open during the day. I feel like standing room like world of color is the way to go. That will look better while not in use and accommodate more guests.
Absolutely no seating. You can tell from looking at the supports currently in place in the viewing areas. There will be only a few tiers and each is relatively wide--not one row of seating wide.

That being said, I'm sure this is at least partially a test to see how seats should be reserved for RoL.

DManRightHere

I like how woc works with fp+ and sections. I'm assuming the earlier the FP the the better the seats. Maybe a selection if you want splash(or handicap) seats?

I guess this would require everyone to get a FP to work best?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I like things that break the race to go earlier and earlier... Will be interesting to force people to only take up their assigned space...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom