Disney television upgrade (brain storm)

Omegadiz

Original Poster
For the past couple of years we can honestly say that the entertainment provided by Disney Channel, ABC, and Disney XD has been lacking. There were a couple good things, most notably phineas and ferb, but its not enough.

Disney Channel
Disney Channel is a very broad name that should cover many demographic and most of Disney itself. Instead, its just more and more sitcoms and teen idols. It should cover Animation, Parks, Movies, Games, Sitcoms and Characters. It does that but barely.

One concern is the lack of actual Disney characters on the entire channel. I think its a good business decision (take that from a 13 year old) to make sure that your audience is familiar with some of the older charactes. They are already trying to do that with the "have a laugh"s but that only puts focus on the fab 5.
I propose that instead of that rather anonymous voice hosting everything, they could have some characters (most likey animated in CG) host some of the shows and tell you whats next. These characters would be basically the Fab 5, Peter Pan, Max, Chip n Dale etc.
Now for the older characters that arent as popular they could have "classic movie nights" or something similar that allows them to play an original animated feature like Dumbo at least once a week. Or they can have 60-second character bios/facts between breaks and even themed weeks for movies that had a television series that lead up to the movies the series were based off of.
And during specific holiday seasons, characters like Jack Skellington and Maleficent could host on holloween and so on.
Disney 365 could be a little more current in terms of when their news is realised. I remember when World of Color opened then around 3 weeks later Disney 365 came out saying that it opened. If anything, the 365 crew should actually be able to go on the atractions before they open to the public. That way the crew seems somewhat useful.
Quick hints and trivias about the parks and resorts should be available during the breaks as well.
And finally there should be a good balance of toons and sitcoms which obviously there isnt.

Disney XD
The "boy" channel....It should be the teen channel comparable to Teen Nick. With teens being the main focus of this channel, Max should probably host the channel. You could move all of the animated programs to Disney channel. Adding all the teen stuff to Disney XD would satisfy each demographic and would help blure the line between the girl channel and the boy channel. Im sure i dont have to put too much detail into this because other than that, it would pretty much stay the same.

ABC/ABC Family
These are the channels more aimed for adults. So not to much obvious Disney Flare should be added here. Maybe an "easter egg" every now and again. However, ABC Kids! should probably just disappear. Not like anything new every came on that block. I dont know what exactly to replace it with, but it just needs to go. Kids can focus their attention to Disney Channel or Disney XD.

What are your thoughts for how disney can improve its tv channels?

nelsond1231

back when i was growing up it was cartoons and awesome stuff like that then it started to turn into what it is now then they created toon disney and all my favorite shows went to that so i started watching that then they took that away too so i will say i am disappointed at disney channel. i think they need to get rid of this whole valley girl thing where there biggest problem is finding a date for the prom and just stupid humor and put back some of the originals like house of mouse some just original cartoons, tumon and pumba, etc and i think they will be surprised at just how many kids, preteens, teens, and adults that grew up with it would enjoy it. at least they are putting short cartoons in between each show every once in a while so its a start but definitely not enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom