Disney talent moving to Skydance Animation

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I debated hard where this fits in the forums, if it fits, etc, but decided that it was interesting enough and important enough to share. If this does not fit please move to the appropriate area.

Yesterday, Skydance Studios, the studio helmed by the notorious John Lasseter of Pixar fame, released a trailer for their AppleTV+ flick "Luck".

This inspired me to do more research into the company and I discovered something that really surprised me, there is at least 4 known Disney names that are currently working at the company, most of these are pretty well known.

Brad Bird (creator of the Incredibles), Alan Menken (composer of many Disney flicks), Rich Moore (Director of Zootopia), Peggy Holmes (director of some DVD sequels, such as Mickey and the Three Musketeers), and possibly more are all working on movies or signing exclusivity deals with this new studio.

This reminds me a lot about the Dreamworks split of the 90s and makes me wonder what is exactly going on over at Disney. It's quite concerning and it's getting people's attention, the trailer has a total of 4 million views on youtube right now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom