Disney Swan Hotel - Any Opinions?

TrooperPT

Thanks for reading my post - just wanted to check in with the experts here on this forum... My wife and I have a Grand Suite reserved for 5nights at the Swan Hotel - Any reviews? Opinions? Anybody had experience with the Grand Suite??

MOST Appreciated,

TPT

mbtohill

Never stayed in the Grand Suite, but have stayed at the Swan and loved it....proximity to Epcot is great....can see Illuminations from your balcony....Beautiful hotel...

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I stayed at the Boardwalk last month, and our view was of the Swan. It's truly gorgeous. We walked over to it and looked around, because it was right there, and we said we'd love to stay there someday. My brother & his wife actually stayed there a few years ago & loved it as well.

You can walk to Epcot, Fantasia Minigolf & Hollywood Studios easily from it, which is great. You can also walk to all the restaurants on the boardwalk. We rented a covered 2 person bike and rode it around the boardwalk/swan/beach club loop and that was a blast!

I can't even imagine how beautiful the grand suite would be. I have no experience with that - but I can guess that it's going to be amazing. You'll have to post pics when you return! :)

Upvote 0

TrooperPT

Original Poster
Like I said - Glad I asked the experts here! MOST appreciated. We are taking our 8 year daughter as well - I'm sure she will have a blast - our last trip(s), we always stay at the GF - loved that too BUT, had a biz contact that allowed us to grab a Grand Suite at the Swan.... should be cool / I will post pics.

Again, thanks so much - glad to see the location is a big positive. Taking a bus to the Magic Kingdom sounds like a bummer - but, cant be that bad. Besides, we are a pretty athletic family - we can hack it ; )
Actually, heard that you can walk to Epocot & then take the Monorail to MK?

Cheers.

Upvote 0

ricesk

Stayed at the Swan in April...not in the Grande Suite though. That sounds great!

Hotel was really beautiful! Pool was great too..so it would be good for your daughter. Restaurants excellent. Location more than excellent! Even the smell of the hotel.....front desk said it was white tea fragrance that was piped in....whatever it was, it was great!

My only complaint, not really a complaint but....it didn't have the same Disney feel/theming. Although it does have a character meal in the Garden Grove....Winnie the Pooh. We didn't go to that but looked really nice.

Plus beds were soooo comfortable and more room than Disney resorts.

Overall, I don't think you could be disappointed. It was really beautiful.

I would go back in a heartbeat...in fact, any extra room in your suite???? :ROFLOL:

Have a great time!!!!!!

Upvote 0

ricesk

PS.....just reading your response....walk to Epcot and monorail to MK......

Ya, we thought that would be ideal too. It was great the first day....then, it was exhausting.....

Takes like 20 minutes to get to front of Epcot, walking briskly. Then you take a monorail TTC, then get off and take another monorail to MK. I ended up taking my rental car after the second day......

Just a heads up....we don't mind walking (I have two teen/pre-teen daughters).....but it's not that easy...especially if it's hot! :eek:

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Although it does have a character meal in the Garden Grove....Winnie the Pooh. We didn't go to that but looked really nice.

It's funny that you saw Winnie the Pooh at the Garden Grove. I've never heard of him being there, its normally Pluto and Goofy or Rafiki and Timon. When did you see him there?

Upvote 0

ricesk

My mistake! I haven't been to the Garden Grove....just peeked in and saw the big tree so assumed it was Winnie the Pooh. Sorry....you're right! :wave:

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Premium Member
My mistake! I haven't been to the Garden Grove....just peeked in and saw the big tree so assumed it was Winnie the Pooh. Sorry....you're right! :wave:

ah, that makes sense. It's an easy mistake to make. They do say that the characters are subject to change- I thought maybe Pooh was a stand-in one night. :lol:

Upvote 0

TrooperPT

Original Poster
Thanks Again for the review link and all the responses - Much appreciated. I'm glad I found this forum - very cool. Our little Abigail will be thrilled I'm sure... (I'm meeting a few top Disney execs at Epcot - so that's why the Swan - I guess they figured it was an easy walk!) We did like the GrandF very much, & loved the 2nd floor monorail deal last time - but, we'll see the GF again - as we do have dinner reservations at V&A's - never been - so, looking forward to that too. (Yes, we are spoiling our daughter a bit - but, y'all know how that goes - + the whole "only child" deal so....what the hec ; )

THX!

PS...my daughter wants to see a fairy in the worse way - any tips where we can see one OR find Tink - let me know. We are having dinner in the castle one night - maybe she'll be around there???

Upvote 0

reptar77

Beds are great but that was about it for us. It really lacks the Disney theming they do not allow room charging and you have to pay for self parking. We now only stay at the beach/yatch club or the boardwalk but we do go over to the swan for meals sometimes.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Premium Member
PS...my daughter wants to see a fairy in the worse way - any tips where we can see one OR find Tink - let me know. We are having dinner in the castle one night - maybe she'll be around there???

You can find Tinker Bell and some of her fairy friends (the fairies with her vary but you could see- Rosetta, Silvermist, Iradessa, and/or Fawn) at the hall of fame in toontown. They are very popular so the line gets very long, I hear its rare that it is less than one hour. You really want to be waiting for rope drop at ToonTown at 9:30am to avoid a long wait. On rare occassions Tinker Bell can't make it to meet her fairy friends but there will be some fairies there even if she isn't.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom