Disney Summer Wait Time Madness!

mimitchi33

Original Poster
Since it's now summer recess and one of the most crowded times at Disney, I made this thread to post all the crazy wait times that were posted throughout the summer. Il'll start off with the weird ones I saw today:
In the Magic Kingdom (today's EMH park), a wait times app said Peter Pan was the longest at 60 minutes (why would someone wait an hour for a very short ride?) and get this! Splash Mountain is a 55-minute wait today! :lookaroun
Next, we have Epcot. Somebody posted on a non-accurate wait times app that Soarin' had an 85-minute wait, then it jumped to 110 minutes, while on an accurate wait times app, it says 85 minutes is now the current wait time. Test Track also had a wait of 60 minute! sI also saw on the same app that Universe of Energy, Captian EO and Figment were closed. Is this correct?
Finally, Hollywood Studios, home of the king of long wait times, had Toy Story Mania at 80 minutes, but another crazy thing was the wait for Rock 'N Roller Coaster was 70 minutes!
What wait times have you seen during Summer 2011 at Disney?

lilclerk

In the Magic Kingdom (today's EMH park), a wait times app said Peter Pan was the longest at 60 minutes (why would someone wait an hour for a very short ride?) and get this! Splash Mountain is a 55-minute wait today! :lookaroun

We saw those times a couple weeks ago, during one of the "slower" times of year.

RonAnnArbor

Those times not only seem normal for summer -- they are pretty much the norm all year round, unless you go at totally off-peak times in September or January....

Soarin' is almost always between 70 and 110 minutes. Peter Pan's flight is almost always 45 - 70 minutes. I've almost never seen standby on Toy Story Mania to be less than 60 minutes, usually 70 minutes EVEN OFF PEAK....

If you want to see crazy wait times, post spring break times -- when Soarin' can be 140 minutes, RNRC 100 minutes, TSM 110 minutes.....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
RnRC didn't go above 60 minutes today, and for most of the afternoon ToT was 40 minutes or less (we actually rode it back-to-back in about that amount of time). TSMM did hit 140 minutes today, but it seemed all of the rides on that side of DHS (where the Star Wars activities were occurring) were more crowded. We had a small wait for Muppets as well.....

rangerbob

Those aren't even summer peak wait times. They are much worse than what you posted. July 4th it is insane. We just find a spot to sit down and people watch and wait around for the fireworks.

MMfangirl

I remember once, (this was a couple of years ago!) we were in EPCOT, and the wait for Soarin' was about 90 minutes, so we headed over to Test Track and saw the wait was about 140 minutes!!! and people were still joining the queue!!! i was like why??? lol

timeman

If you want crazy wait times than go on New Year's Eve. Soarin' wait time 250 min, Test Track 180 min and even the single wait time for Test Track hit 120 min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom