Disney Store Screw Over

MaryJaneP

Why would you have? It clearly stated on the site that they would not be shipped until 4 - 6 weeks AFTER the purchase date.

Maybe 10/14 is 4-6 weeks after purchase for those not using a gregorian calendar, but some other unit of measure where their week equals our day.

rob0519

Hey Guys,
During the Disney World 40th Anniversary celebration the disneystore.com was offering special edition 40th Anniversary t-shirts. The offer began on Friday September 30th and said it would run through Sunday October 2nd. I ordered the shirt Friday afternoon around 2:00pm. As of today (10/14/2011) I still have not received it. I called this afternoon to be told they had "run out" and that they were -800 t-shirts sold. They said that they would be no more printing of these shirts. The fact that they sold out is fine it happens. But that should immediately be reflected on there website and they should honor that ones they "sold". I found that Millie Rios-Diaz is the district manager for my local Disney Stores. Does anyone here know of a Disney Store executive phone number? I would really like to take this issue to someone that could resolve it. Honor the t-shirts sold.

So, did you call Millie Rios-Diaz? Maybe find someone higher up the chain to make your complaint? Did you actually get charged? Did you get your shirts? After a title like "Screwed Over", you can't just leave us hanging like this. Update please.

dreamfinder

I do believe the sale on the website was listed as a pre-sale. Basically they pre-printed x number for the parks to sell on Sat, but took orders to determine how many others they would need to print. They would then print as many as needed, no more no less. I think the CM you spoke with when you called in was misinformed. The DisneyStore website is actually getting much better with regards to limited number items, especially with the 9" Vinylmations. If anything they seem to undersell and then add the remainder later once they have shipped the initial order.

GOT2SAMMIES

This is not in relation to the TSHIRTS but the collectable Dolls. I recieved an email today for an additional 25% off for the website having problems yesterday:
"Dear Disney Store Guest:

We know that every time you visit DisneyStore.com and shop for your children, family and friends, or for yourself you expect to find quality products matched by a quality online experience. On Tuesday, October 18 our site experienced technical difficulties as thousands of Guests simultaneously attempted to purchase our limited-edition doll collection. Due to the unprecedented traffic to our site, many Guests visiting us online were disappointed by the shopping experience.

The Designer Doll Collection has been the fastest-selling limited-edition doll collection in Disney Store’s history. We have learned many lessons with the release of this collection, and are implementing new systems to manage limited-edition product sales more effectively in the future. We understand that we are viewed by our Guests as more than a retail destination; we are representatives of Disney where exceptional Guest service is always expected.

To apologize and thank you for your continued loyalty we would like to give you a special 1-day gift. The discount code, THANKYOU25, allows you to shop online merchandise at 25% off* on Thursday, October 20. We value our Guests and we will continue to strive to deliver a magical shopping experience at DisneyStore.com every day."

MissM

Just FYI, those weren't the special "that day only" 40th shirts. The special ones were black shirt for men and a white/gold shirt for women. There were a LOT of various items that had "40th anniversary" on them but that weren't LE such as the one you linked to. (We actually saw this design available in shops on 10/1 whereas you did NOT see the special one day only ones anywhere.)

Disaddict

Just FYI, those weren't the special "that day only" 40th shirts. The special ones were black shirt for men and a white/gold shirt for women. There were a LOT of various items that had "40th anniversary" on them but that weren't LE such as the one you linked to. (We actually saw this design available in shops on 10/1 whereas you did NOT see the special one day only ones anywhere.)

Ahhh. Thanks. ;) That actually hadn't occurred to me. :)

R W B

I didn't see anywhere in his post that he said he paid for it. Companies that sell stuff can't charge a buyer's card until they ship the goods. If they ran out of shirts before this order was received, and they can't deliver the shirt, then they can't charge for something they never delivered. OP should check his card statements. Sometimes limited quantities do run out.

Yea that's not true. Ive worked at 2 online companies including the one I work at now and we don't even start packing your item until we have ran your credit card or your paypal payment has been processed.

MissM

Ahhh. Thanks. ;) That actually hadn't occurred to me. :)
It was actually pretty confusing since the LE ones were GONE by the time we got there at 10am so we didn't even know what it looked like. There were a LOT of shirts available in various designs which added to the confusion.

janoimagine

I gave them the confirmation the whole deal and what they told me was they weren't anymore shirts. How do you oversell a product by 500? Once they sell-out there website should reflect that. It's not a matter of money it's a matter of the product. The website said the product was to be on sale only that Friday-Sunday. I think that if you brought the product during that time you recevied it. In this case the Disney store failed to meet their obligation to serve the guest.

Same way an airline oversells a flight ... a computer error.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom