Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade

Parade Fate

• Keep it, only update it with new characters...

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Scrap it for something brand new...

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Okay,
Does anyone else think that this is not a very stand out disney parade? I've seen it several times, but honestly, it does nothing for me. I like seeing so many characters, but it's kind of dull just watching them drive by like a premier night at a movie...

i think that a park about the movies could have a much more elaborate parade!

i would love to see a parade actually about the world of movies and movie magic!

I will admit that the parade was MUCH better when streetmos were placed throughout the route to 'narrate' the parade. They always make everything better... haha.

Captain Hank

I always thought it was a kind of half-baked parade. As cool as the character-customized cars are, they just don't do much for me. Disney can do much better.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Captain Hank said:
I always thought it was a kind of half-baked parade. As cool as the character-customized cars are, they just don't do much for me. Disney can do much better.

that's how i feel. it's okay... but it's not OKAY... haha.

BonzoAPD

I enjoyed the parade. It was the 1st parade I saw down there when I went in May and I had not been there since 1990. It was a cool parade, of course nothing like the magic at the electrolight parade although I do not think any of the day parades can come close to that magic.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Captain Hank said:
Disney can do much better.
They can - when you look back on the high quality of parades which have run through all the parks over the years.
I suppose that the difficulty lies in producing a themed parade to tie in with the movies (which will have quite a long life time) so as to avoid producing a new parade each time that a new feature film is released.

lebeau

I'm not voting because neither of the options really reflects my opinion on the subject. This was my favorite of the parades because it featured some of my favorite characters (especially the Star Wars and muppets characters).

I wouldn't mind a change to the format but I wouldn't want to see these unique characters replaced.

PKD

Captain Hank said:

Marketing reps said that when the parade was first introduced to Eisner, he hated it and told them to rebuild it from scratch. I guess this version was better... can't imagine what the original looked like.

Captain Hank

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
They can - when you look back on the high quality of parades which have run through all the parks over the years.
I suppose that the difficulty lies in producing a themed parade to tie in with the movies (which will have quite a long life time) so as to avoid producing a new parade each time that a new feature film is released.
Though, didn't some of the feature-focused parades have pretty decent runs? Especially the Toy Story parade--I recall that being around for several years. The Studios has had some fantastic parades in the past, and Stars and Motorcars just doesn't stand up to them in my opinion. I do like the catchy music though, and the references to classic Disney, like Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow, and Wonderful World of Color.

And convrsboy--Interesting, I'd never heard that before. Was it always a movie premier-type parade, or was there a totally different concept at one point?

lebeau

I know this is one of the least popular parades in the parks. (Although I quite enjoyed it.) I'm wondering if anyone has an specific criticisms or things they'd like to see changed.

Captain Hank

lebeau said:
I know this is one of the least popular parades in the parks. (Although I quite enjoyed it.) I'm wondering if anyone has an specific criticisms or things they'd like to see changed.
I think my biggest thing is its size. On the other parades, like Share a Dream Come True and Parade of Dreams in DL, the units are quite large and detailed, with a lot to look at. The units of Stars and Motorcars are much smaller and less detailed, with far less to look at. That's really my biggest complaint with it. I like the music and amount of characters, I just think more imagination and budget could have gone into the units.

One of my magical moments was during that parade, so I have a soft spot for it.

Darth Vader was strolling past, so, me being me, I start to shout "Boooooo!".

He stops, turns around, and looks at me for about 30 seconds, hands on hips. It was hilarious :lol:

During Revenge Of The Sith, when Anakin 'mutated' into Vader, I had to resist the urge not to burst out laughing in the cinema, thinking of that moment.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Cmdr_Crimson said:
Who knows when we shall see Disney Studios version of The Block Party like at California Adventure.....:lookaroun

I wasn't too impressed with The Block Party. It was pretty lame. Reminded me of something off Playhouse Disney. :lol:

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Sledge said:
I wasn't too impressed with The Block Party. It was pretty lame. Reminded me of something off Playhouse Disney. :lol:

The Block Party has so much energy! I felt bad for those CM's out there jumping around on trampolines and such in that heat... but it is a good and different idea for a day parade imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom