Disney Springs tenant watch

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Are all of the recently rumored restaurant additions - STK, The Edison (which looks amazing by the way), Rick Bayless, Art Smith, Walt's Restaurant - all going in The Landing?

Just wondering considering that The Town Center really hasn't even been started yet.
We need to go back to that thread with the map. I think there were still 3 or 4 unknown spots in the landing. They could have a restaurant or 2 in the Town Center area, but I think it will mostly be shops.

Next Big Thing

We need to go back to that thread with the map. I think there were still 3 or 4 unknown spots in the landing. They could have a restaurant or 2 in the Town Center area, but I think it will mostly be shops.
I think if there is any food in the area, it will be more fast food/snack type stuff. Sort of like what Orlando Premium Outlets does.

mm121

I think if there is any food in the area, it will be more fast food/snack type stuff. Sort of like what Orlando Premium Outlets does.
I highly doubt they'd build a food court, or least lets hope they dont

theres nothing special about a food court.

and by seperating most of the shopping from the dining, that helps ensure that patrons are forced to explore more of the sprigs and thus spend more money

mm121

What is food truck plaza if it isn't a food court?
it basically is

but we were talking about restaurants in the town center.

food truck park is even more reason why town center doesn't need its own food court, though some have said its been renamed, so they aren't committed to keeping the food trucks once the fad passes

Next Big Thing

and by seperating most of the shopping from the dining, that helps ensure that patrons are forced to explore more of the sprigs and thus spend more money
No, I don't mean a food court. I HIGHLY doubt they'd go that route.

I mean something like Auntie Anne's Pretzel's and places like that that they put along the walkways. Similar to the new Haagan-Daas place on the side of Disney Quest.

mm121

No, I don't mean a food court. I HIGHLY doubt they'd go that route.

I mean something like Auntie Anne's Pretzel's and places like that that they put along the walkways. Similar to the new Haagan-Daas place on the side of Disney Quest.
oh ok, yea im sure they'll sprinkle in a snack place or two.

the landing just has that cupcake shop as far as snacks go for now.

WhatJaneSays

I’ll be real honest here: I want “quick” food at DS and I don’t care much if it’s in the shape of a food court or not.

Nice sit-down places with bars and entertainment are great but 85-95% of the time when I’m at the current DTD I’m alone shopping or on baby-sitting duty with 2 or more under 10-year-olds. The current fast food level availability of places there are essentially nil. Of the 13 “quick service” places at DTD 5 are not really “meal” places (ice cream/pretzels/Starbucks), 5 are geared more toward adults (like Wolfgang Puck), FoodQuest is inside DisneyQuest, Earl of Sandwich on a mildly busy day is a minimum of a half hour endeavor, and there is the hut that has wraps and hot dogs across from the Co-Op.

The food trucks have been unreliable as to when and where they’re open. Maybe the food truck park will solve that but if I’m at the toy shop I’m not walking that far for a corndog. (Okay I lied – I would walk that far if I was by myself.)

Actually on second thought I would rather there be a food court of sorts. I want multiple walk-up eateries in the same place so when I’m with my nieces and nephews I can make them all happy at once instead of dragging them around all sides of DTD to get what they want. Disney already has a relatively usable model with some of the resort quick service places.

Jon81uk

I’ll be real honest here: I want “quick” food at DS and I don’t care much if it’s in the shape of a food court or not.

Nice sit-down places with bars and entertainment are great but 85-95% of the time when I’m at the current DTD I’m alone shopping or on baby-sitting duty with 2 or more under 10-year-olds. The current fast food level availability of places there are essentially nil. Of the 13 “quick service” places at DTD 5 are not really “meal” places (ice cream/pretzels/Starbucks), 5 are geared more toward adults (like Wolfgang Puck), FoodQuest is inside DisneyQuest, Earl of Sandwich on a mildly busy day is a minimum of a half hour endeavor, and there is the hut that has wraps and hot dogs across from the Co-Op.

The food trucks have been unreliable as to when and where they’re open. Maybe the food truck park will solve that but if I’m at the toy shop I’m not walking that far for a corndog. (Okay I lied – I would walk that far if I was by myself.)

Actually on second thought I would rather there be a food court of sorts. I want multiple walk-up eateries in the same place so when I’m with my nieces and nephews I can make them all happy at once instead of dragging them around all sides of DTD to get what they want. Disney already has a relatively usable model with some of the resort quick service places.

I think since the demolition of the McDonalds / Pollo Camparo building they need to add a new quick service location to replace that. Even if it is an outdoor food court (similar to the Sunset Boulevard market in Hollywood Studios park) but just something offering basic quick service foods with plenty of seating. If better quick service is wanted then there will always be Wolfgang Puck, but as PP says, you sometimes have kids that just want chicken strips!

Kman101

I second the desire for a 'food court' of sorts. There needs to be more quick food options. I'm often solo and not wanting to make a reservation or have an hour long sit down meal. Hopefully there will be. And decently priced (for Disney, that is, LOL). Food Truck Park is OK but I want something else.

Next Big Thing

I second the desire for a 'food court' of sorts. There needs to be more quick food options. I'm often solo and not wanting to make a reservation or have an hour long sit down meal. Hopefully there will be. And decently priced (for Disney, that is, LOL). Food Truck Park is OK but I want something else.
I agree there needs to be more quick food options, but I don't want to see a "food court". Food courts remind me of 90's malls. Most malls around Florida don't actually have Food courts anymore, just tenants that are spread throughout the mall.

Kman101

I agree there needs to be more quick food options, but I don't want to see a "food court". Food courts remind me of 90's malls. Most malls around Florida don't actually have Food courts anymore, just tenants that are spread throughout the mall.

LOL, well I don't want a regular mall food court either. Just didn't know what other thing to call it. Maybe some added kiosks/walk-up windows around the shopping area, like Wetzel's, etc.

Next Big Thing

LOL, well I don't want a regular mall food court either. Just didn't know what other thing to call it. Maybe some added kiosks/walk-up windows around the shopping area, like Wetzel's, etc.
I don't even think it needs to be just kiosks. I think how all the Quick service is/was in the marketplace side with just standalone buildings is the way to go.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think since the demolition of the McDonalds / Pollo Camparo building they need to add a new quick service location to replace that. Even if it is an outdoor food court (similar to the Sunset Boulevard market in Hollywood Studios park) but just something offering basic quick service foods with plenty of seating. If better quick service is wanted then there will always be Wolfgang Puck, but as PP says, you sometimes have kids that just want chicken strips!
The focus is in unique table service. You aren't going to see a food court.

PhilharMagician

I think the people who are at a Disney Springs during the daytime will still want a quick lunch option and the loss of the Pollo Camparo / McDonalds Outlet means that the marketplace area is still lacking in options.

Bongo's express, Earl of Sandwich, or Wolfgang Puck Express all have superior food options to Pollo Comparo and MC D's. While not as quick as the traditional fast food joints, they still have your food within a few minutes.

CDavid

Bongo's express, Earl of Sandwich, or Wolfgang Puck Express all have superior food options to Pollo Comparo and MC D's. While not as quick as the traditional fast food joints, they still have your food within a few minutes.

Yep and I would also throw Cookes of Dublin into that list.

Agreed, but not everyone is looking for "superior food options". While McDonald's (or similar) would not be an appropriate choice for Disney Springs, there remains a place for a burger/fry/chicken strips place in the vein of the old Lite Bite or Goofy's Grill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom