Disney Springs garage: "It may take up to three hours to exit garage"

Disorbust

Original Poster
So we did lunch on NYE and upon entering the garge this was a sign that they had standing at the entrance. I have to say it was a bit jarring since I had a quarter tank of gas. So is this always the case that it can take this long or was it because it was NYE? We have been here 10 days and I have to say the traffic around DS, especially at night, is miserable. They also had post "No fireworks views from the garage" which made me think that it may be a great place to view all the NYE fireworks,lol.

mikeh

So we did lunch on NYE and upon entering the garge this was a sign that they had standing at the entrance. I have to say it was a bit jarring since I had a quarter tank of gas. So is this always the case that it can take this long or was it because it was NYE? We have been here 10 days and I have to say the traffic around DS, especially at night, is miserable. They also had post "No fireworks views from the garage" which made me think that it may be a great place to view all the NYE fireworks,lol.

It's not normally 3 hours, no. But with holiday crowds, it can take 30-45 minutes to exit the garage depending on a variety of factors.

drizgirl

I have zero interest in ever going somewhere that feels the need to warn me it could take 3 hours to exit a garage. Whether it's likely or not, something caused them to feel the need to warn people. Honestly, I have no interest in going somewhere it would even take ONE hour to exit the garage. I'd rather be far, far away.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have zero interest in ever going somewhere that feels the need to warn me it could take 3 hours to exit a garage. Whether it's likely or not, something caused them to feel the need to warn people. Honestly, I have no interest in going somewhere it would even take ONE hour to exit the garage. I'd rather be far, far away.

That was only for Christmas week (absolute craziest and busiest time of the year)and is NEVER that long any other time. Takes 5-15 min max on any other days. The parking garages are awesome and a welcome addition at Disney Springs. We love them. :)

drizgirl

That was only for Christmas week (absolute craziest and busiest time of the year)and is NEVER that long any other time. Takes 5-15 min max on any other days. The parking garages are awesome and a welcome addition at Disney Springs. We love them. :)

Yeah, I'm sure I'll visit another time. But absolutely not Christmas week. And probably only when I can boat or walk. Sounds like way too much hassle. I don't even want to wait 15 minutes to exit a garage.

sxeensweet

Yeah, I'm sure I'll visit another time. But absolutely not Christmas week. And probably only when I can boat or walk. Sounds like way too much hassle. I don't even want to wait 15 minutes to exit a garage.
That's normal for any parking garage I ever use anywhere up to 15 min or so not just at Disney. Lol :)

JWG

Not normal at all. We've parked at Disney Springs several times before Lime opened (when only Orange was available) in off months and again this past August after both ramps were open and it was easy in/out. This was a holiday issue exacerbated by the construction around Disney Springs.

We arrived on 12/16 and headed over on 12/17 to see Rogue One, both ramps were full so we had to park at Team Disney. This was actually slick. While a long walk, we were out of the lot in 5 minutes.

On 12/22 we drove to Disney Springs and parked in Lime without issue and getting out was again 10 minutes max. After that we took Disney transportation everywhere due to holiday crowds. It was getting exponentially worse as the days went on and starting 12/24 (Saturday) it just wasn't worth it or faster than bus transport anywhere.

R W B

I was there last month from the 5th-16th and never had a wait of any kind leaving the DS Garages the 4 times we drove there. Being NYE I can see why they would expect a wait though but like others have said Thats with any major retail garage in the country. Now with the way the DS exits are designed im not sure I see how someone could be stuck there for 3 hours but I guess it's possible.

One Black Friday my girlfriend (at the time) had to go to the mall, took 20min to find a spot and an hour and a half to get out the garage. Another time I was downtown New Orleans in a garage for Navy Ship week (multiple navy ships come to port for tours) and it literally took a hour just to back out of my parking spot, a grand total of 3 hours to get out of the garage. This was a pay to park garage also but thankfully they were just charging everyone for 2 hours (we were there probably 6hrs before trying to leave). So yea, garages are a great thing but can be a hassle at busy times.

sxeensweet

This post was about it taking up to 3 hours to exit a garage, not 15 minutes.
If you read what I replied to and all my posts (especially my very first and second post on this thread I was on topic) and the other poster then said they wouldn't wait the three hours, or 15 min. I said it can take 3 hours Christmas week but any other time it's 15 mins. Read all the posts I responded to and you will understand what I was talking about and why I said that. Lol :)

Last edited:

Bandini

If you read what I replied to and all my posts they said they wouldn't wait the three hours or 15 min. I said it can take 3 hours Christmas week but any other time it's 15 mins. Read all the posts. Lol :)
I read all of your posts LOL. I especially enjoyed your trite response, " more room for me" to one post. LOL LOL LOL LOL

sxeensweet

I read all of your posts LOL. I especially enjoyed your trite response, " more room for me" to one post. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Yep the standard (and I was not being trite) more room for me post! It was appropriate so I used it. I was on topic regardless but anyway let's move on this is not on topic by the way. Lol :)

21stamps

If you read what I replied to and all my posts (especially my very first and second post on this thread I was on topic) and the other poster then said they wouldn't wait the three hours, or 15 min. I said it can take 3 hours Christmas week but any other time it's 15 mins. Read all the posts I responded to and you will understand what I was talking about and why I said that. Lol :)
Sporting events, concerts, conventions, the Circus, and shopping malls (at Christmastime) can all take quite awhile to exit. Most people realize this.

I think Disney probably put a sign up to ward off the million phone calls from complainers who say "I'm in a bubble and it was your responsibility that it took me more than 5 minutes to exit a garage!!! I need a full refund on my vacation and free park hoppers for my next trip!!!" ;) Unfortunately, I'm only half joking.

sxeensweet

Sporting events, concerts, conventions, the Circus, and shopping malls (at Christmastime) can all take quite awhile to exit. Most people realize this.

I think Disney probably put a sign up to ward off the million phone calls from complainers who say "I'm in a bubble and it was your responsibility that it took me more than 5 minutes to exit a garage!!! I need a full refund on my vacation and free park hoppers for my next trip!!!" ;) Unfortunately, I'm only half joking.

Yep agree at least they warned people. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom