Disney Snow Globes

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
A friend of mine is wanting a couple of snow globes for her daughters from Disney. Do any of you have any pictures of any of them and also... a price?:eek:
Where is the best place to find them? I am planning on DTD. Any advice would be great. :)

aj_steig

I've starting collecting snowglobes actually, and the best place I have found is your local disney store or disneyshopping.com (as the above posters have mentioned). If you're looking for a place at WDW, the Emporium at Magic Kingdom has some great ones (last time I was there, not sure what they have right now). My favorite snowglobe actually came from there (it's of Cinderella's castle with Cinderella inside the globe and Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and the mice at the bottom of the steps).The globe plays " A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes". I would send a pic, but it cracked during our move to our new home and doesn't look so pretty right now:( Hopefully I will find a new one on our upcoming trip!!:sohappy: As far as a price, you can get them as low as $30 on disneyshopping.com (check mousesavers.com for discount codes) or as high as $100. I believe I paid close to $80 (including tax, I bought it in 2002 so I can't remember the exact total) for the Cinderella Globe, but it is beautiful and I couldn't resist! :)

tigsmom

I've starting collecting snowglobes actually, and the best place I have found is your local disney store (or disneyshopping.com). If you're looking for a place at WDW, the Emporium at Magic Kingdom has some great ones (last time I was there, not sure what they have right now). My favorite snowglobe actually came from there (it's of Cinderella's castle with Cinderella inside the globe and Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and the mice at the bottom of the steps).The globe plays " A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes". I would send a pic, but it cracked during our move to our new home and doesn't look so pretty right now:( Hopefully I will find a new one on our upcoming trip!!:sohappy:

Thought I found it for you, but this one sounds a bit different...

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...d=-1&categoryId=14845&catalogFromSearch=10003

PeoplemoverTTA

Many of the globes sold around WDW are similar to the ones at the Disney Store.

At bit of advice -

My mom has more than 25 globes, and she once purchased one at WDW. They are very difficult to bring home safely (and I believe they cannot be in your carry on anymore because of the amount of liquid), so she would either have to pay to ship it home (not sure how much that costs, probably another $10-$15) or take her chances in checked luggage (not a good idea).

Very few, if any, globes say WDW on them...and as another post mentioned, they are frequently on sale at the Disney Store, and at DisneyShopping.com.

If your friend really wants to get her daughter a snow globe and tie it to her trip, perhaps she could order one online or buy one at the Disney Store and wrap it with a card (not sure of her daughter's age, but even for a teenager it's kind of cute) saying "Can't Wait to See You in ____! Here's a neat gift to tide you over until your trip! Love, Mickey (Ariel, etc. Whoever her favorite character is).

aj_steig

tigsmom

Thank you so much for posting this! This one is different from the one I have, but that one is beautiful! I don't know if I will even be able to get the globe repaired (the globe cracked pretty bad and all the liquid leaked out). I will definitly consider getting this one as a replacement....:)

Anytime. There are many places that can repair snow globes. I did a Google search and this is one, they are all about the same.

http://snowgloberepair.com/

Good luck! :wave:

aj_steig

Many of the globes sold around WDW are similar to the ones at the Disney Store.

At bit of advice -

My mom has more than 25 globes, and she once purchased one at WDW. They are very difficult to bring home safely (and I believe they cannot be in your carry on anymore because of the amount of liquid), so she would either have to pay to ship it home (not sure how much that costs, probably another $10-$15) or take her chances in checked luggage (not a good idea).

Very few, if any, globes say WDW on them...and as another post mentioned, they are frequently on sale at the Disney Store, and at DisneyShopping.com.

If your friend really wants to get her daughter a snow globe and tie it to her trip, perhaps she could order one online or buy one at the Disney Store and wrap it with a card (not sure of her daughter's age, but even for a teenager it's kind of cute) saying "Can't Wait to See You in ____! Here's a neat gift to tide you over until your trip! Love, Mickey (Ariel, etc. Whoever her favorite character is).

That's a cute idea! I would definitly go with this poster's advice as far as transporting the globe. Mine was damaged during a simple move, so I couldn't even imagine what would happen to it in checked luggage.

I also agree that there are not many globes that say WDW on them. WDW may have a better variety of globes (If I remember correctly, the last time I was at the Emporium they had ones specifically for the Haunted Mansion and maybe even Splash Mountain or Pirates, but you might want to check) that you might not be able to find outside the parks. However, if you're looking for more character themed globes (like the princesses), you can easily find some great ones on Disneyshopping.com. I found some beautiful globes at the Disney Store last time for the Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Tinkerbell, etc.

mnfootballmommy

DH mailed one home to DD this past July from DTD. It is Tinkerbell sitting in a field of flowers and mushrooms and looking at the snowglobe itself which holds a large purple flower with iridescent sparkles in the water. The globe itself was $45 and he also included a set of YOAMD ears (but forgot to get 'child size':( ) and sent the entire package home for $15. The piece is quite large, but not the snowglobe itself.

Shipping from the stores is great because if something happens to it in transit, Disney will replace it. Shipping costs are based on total cost, not on weight. That could be a rip-off for some things, but probably works out pretty cheaply for the snowglobes, as they can get heavy. (Our shipping box was huge and I know that I couldn't ship a box that size/weight for that price!) (Also, he used our AAA card and got a discount on the ears, but not the globe!)

Anyway, the snowglobe has a mark on the bottom indicating that it was purchased from "Walt Disney Parks." It doesn't say which park nor is it obvious to the casual viewer.

Hope that helps. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

col

i wanted 2 bring about 3 snow globes home with me but i couldnt coz u cant take them on planes coz of the liquid in the snow globe. i think depending on the size there $50 plus but i have seen a sleeping beauty one over here and i want it, its £70.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Thank you for the advice... I will talk to her and see what she wants me to do. Her daughter will be with me so getting one at an outlet might not work. She does this for Christmas.... shouldn't I be able to find them at the Christmas store at DTD? I am not about to carry snow globes in the parks and we are staying off site @ Royal Plaza so I can't have it delivered.

tigsmom

Thank you for the advice... I will talk to her and see what she wants me to do. Her daughter will be with me so getting one at an outlet might not work. She does this for Christmas.... shouldn't I be able to find them at the Christmas store at DTD? I am not about to carry snow globes in the parks and we are staying off site @ Royal Plaza so I can't have it delivered.

You can find them in quite a few stores although the Christmas themed ones should be more prominent in the Christmas Store. . You can have Disney ship it home for you, you pay and they ship so you don't have to carry it thru the parks or worry about the plane ride home.

col

if you did see the snow globe you wanted in a park have it delivered 2 the front entrance and pick it up b4 u leave -saves carrying it around with you.:)

tigsmom

After all this discussion, the best place to get them is STILL your local Disney Store!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I live by an outlet mall and there is a Disney Store Outlet there (used to be Character Warehouse) and I can get the same snow globes there as in the Disney Store (or online) for a lot less. Problem is you have to check back frequently because there is no set stock.

dan864

snow globes

Just a small note to add,if your going to be flying to wdw,some airlines will not let you take snow globes on board,you have to check them in with your cases,this is the case with most uk airlines as for U,S airline im not sure,but i think you should check with your travel company first.

17 days till all stars music.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom