Disney Slacking on Hospitality

disneylovin

We had terrible service from one woman on our earlier trips with the kids. It was at Breakfasorus (or however it was spelled. LOL) and the woman's name tag read Olga. She refused to help us. Flat our refused. It was the year where tips were included with the dining plan. She got our tip no matter what, so what did it matter if we never got the ice we asked for to cool our daughters hot chocolate, or our plates removed or even that napkin we needed because our youngest spilled.

It was dreadful. I immediately went to the managment told them what happened they apologized, admited that it wasn't Olga but Linda. Linda was just using Olga's name tag. We were given free fastpasses in apology (which weren't asked for) and guaranteed that Olga/Linda would not be recieving that tip.

Another year the guests were horrible. Talked to a Manager, she over heard us, and we spend several minutes with her. She was also saddened by the behavior and told us that she prayed disney never did another buy 4 days get 3 free discount. They were having problems with families who thought they were at their local amusement park and could behave badly.

She gave me a hug and gifted us with a few "coupons" for a funnel cake and dole whip floats at MK. Again never asked for. I could give a hundred more examples of CMs just being amazing in small and large ways.

Personally, while some CMs aren't good...there are even more who truly understand the magic and the importance of what Disney is.

I"m so sick of entitled people in this world. If you don't like the level of service provided then DON'T GO.

It has nothing to do with entitled. Entitled is when you expect more than what you paid for because you believe you deserve it just for being you. Expecting good service (which in my opinion is courteous CMs and receiving what you pay for) is what makes Disney so magical. We go to Disney because it is one of the few places that my entire family LOVES and where you feel like you really are away from the hustle and bustle of the everyday. I love when someone does something that makes it just a little bit more special (like the time Peter Pan got into a sword fighting lesson with my 4 year old son...instead of JUST a picture). If that makes me entitled for wanting to go back again and again...so be it! That is a title I will wear proudly.

Bottom line, almost anywhere you go you are likely to run into individuals who somehow impact the experience. Sometimes the situation can be remedied (I've had this happen without asking on a couple of occasions at Disney) and sometimes you have to let customer service know where or what the problem is. I don't think Disney as a whole has gone down hill, I just think sometimes you get a less than stellar cast member or someone who is having a bad day. It happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom