News Disney Skyliner operating status - October 2019

jinx8402

Definitely seems like the gondolas slow down more gracefully. I remember the videos from opening where it came in really hot.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
You mean like numbers or decals like some of them have of characters.
Right. Since Reedy Creek supposedly had difficulty identifying the cabin which needed to be evacuated, there was speculation that Disney could (and probably should) add vinyl decals to the bottom with the cabin number. I didn't see any posts saying that they did that (which means it probably didn't happen) but I didn't see any posts saying that they didn't, either.

VaderTron

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't just leave it shut down until everything was done.
Money. Some people were talking about switching hotels (some probably already did) since there was no date set for reopening. Rush to open to restore confidence and stabalize near term hotel bookings at Skyliner resorts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Money. Some people were talking about switching hotels (some probably already did) since there was no date set for reopening. Rush to open to restore confidence and stabalize near term hotel bookings at Skyliner resorts.

I doubt three days would have an impact on either of those things. I doubt people would switch to a cheaper hotel on that short of notice just because the Skyliner wasn't running. Even if they did, most would have already paid in full so would Disney have refunded the difference?

VaderTron

I doubt three days would have an impact on either of those things. I doubt people would switch to a cheaper hotel on that short of notice just because the Skyliner wasn't running. Even if they did, most would have already paid in full so would Disney have refunded the difference?
There were people on here the other day saying they were considering changing to another hotel and they weren't coming till next month. People on the edge of the free hotel location change deadline may have made a change "just in case".

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There were people on here the other day saying they were considering changing to another hotel and they weren't coming till next month. People on the edge of the free hotel location change deadline may have made a change "just in case".

Yes, but that was when we did not know the opening date, I am talking about the difference between announcing that it will open this Monday, or Saturday.

VaderTron

Yes, but that was when we did not know the opening date, I am talking about the difference between announcing that it will open this Monday, or Saturday.
People need to see pictures, posts and video of real guests riding on the Skyliner safely to restore confidence. Every day without guests riding the Skyliner could equal potential thousands of guests who select a different hotel location because they don't have confidence in it as a reliable asset in the "pro column" for why to stay at those hotels.

joelkfla

Anyone actually been on the skyliner since it reopened? Running ok? All lines?

Don't ask me to go to the other thread where the naysayers and scaredy cats congregate. 🙂 I tease, I just don't want to sift through pages of threads of arguments. Just want the facts.
Looks like you're out of luck. This thread's morphing into a duplicate of the others.

Ariel82

My son and I rode the skyliners between HS and Epcot 4 different times on Tuesday. What a wonderful way to get between those 2 parks. It was smooth, quick, and a beautiful view. Much better way to travel between those 2 parks. Loved it. Though we traveled during the day. I'm not sure it would be as comfortable at night as some of the other guests said it was unnerving to ride in the dark as you couldn't see anything ahead or behind yor bucket.

Dubman

Despite a tropical storm in the Gulf and a tornado watch for central Florida, the skyliner is still running and didn’t skip a beat! Had a brief squall move thru on our way from Hollywood Studios to Caribbean beach...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Despite a tropical storm in the Gulf and a tornado watch for central Florida, the skyliner is still running and didn’t skip a beat! Had a brief squall move thru on our way from Hollywood Studios to Caribbean beach...

"I'm surprised they're running them."

And yet, gets on. :)

Your wife is a real thrill-seeker!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom