Disney Sales Positions

ct00000

Original Poster
Does anyone have any info on sales positions within WDW?
I have been in advertising sales for the past 5 years and getting burned out. I worked at WDW MK in summer of 98 in characters and Parades and have always wanted to go back.
I know that most management is hired from within, but I was wondering if that also applied to sales positions? Also, I'm really not sure of what sales positions are available at Disney and what they sales person would be selling. Any info is, of course, appreciated!

:animwink:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
generally most management is filled from within, unless they can't get any qualified external applicants. What department would interest you? I know their WDW sales offices are in Celebration and in NYC... but they have offices all over for different business units

ct00000

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I would like to work in some kind of advertising/marketing/public relations dept.
So, are all sales positions considered management positions?
I mean, I don't want to work at a souvenier shop in sales, but would consider working my way up to a certain extent. I've been successful, but I don't want to do sales for the rest of my life. I just thought this was be an "in" to the company.

What offices/depts are in Celebration?

mkt

Premium Member
some WDW marketing, and DCL marketing are in Celebration...

and not all positions are salaried... there are a few hourly ones that aren't a retail clerk

ct00000

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

One more question: Can someone only apply for these positions when they are posted, or can you send an unsolicited resume and hope that someone responds?

mkt

Premium Member
it's best to apply when they post them, and to hand in your resumé in person. These tend to get priority over internet, fax, and mailed in resumés. If you can also get a CM to write you a "Casting Scout" card that helps put you ahead of others. You can send in a resumé when they're not hiring that position, but odds are it's just gonna go into a filing cabinet and never get a second look.

mkt

Premium Member
I work at Disney... yes. Do I work for Disney? Not anymore.

I worked there for approx. 5 years doing anything you can name..

mkt

Premium Member
who said I quit ;)

I fell victim to corporate bureaucracy and false accusations (ie, don't p¡ss off the wrong person).

I'll be back there shortly as CEO though.. :lol:

ct00000

Original Poster
So do you really want to go back? After apparently some unfair things happened to you?

Another question: Do you know the approximate salary for a manager at Disney? When I worked there as seasonal characters, there were a lot of different managers; I think there was a manager for each location of the MK and for parades etc.

And yet another question: You recommended that I have an employee referral. What's your suggestion for getting an employee referral. I didn't keep in touch with anyone from that summer.

You have any friends I can pay? :)

mkt

Premium Member
as long as I'm in charge, I can make sure the unfairness doesn't happen to others...

anyway, I may have worked with you that summer.. lol.

last I heard, starting salary for management was $31k... not 100% sure on that though.

ct00000

Original Poster
Yup, it will be so nice when you're in power :rolleyes:
Maybe we did work together. Did you like to hang out with Tigger?
:)

Eeek not a lot of $$ huh?

I met a guy through business the other day who worked at Disney for 20 years as head of park security. He said things really had changed since the early days of his career.

So, back to sales... does Disney have sales people that sell to other businesses? I'm a bit confused on what a Disney sales person does. Shed some more wisdom.

(Sorry to ask so many questions)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom