Disney Rip-Offs and WannaBes

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Re: Disney Rip-Offs and WannaBes

Originally posted by kevlightyear

I wasn't going to say anything, and I probably shouldn't, but I must express my opinion.

Personally, I would never do anything like what you did. This is a business that you insulted. They work hard to earn money, which I might add you paid to enter that business. Just because they aren't Disney employees doesn't mean they can't be treated with courtesy. Now I am completely on your side about how they treated you. There's no excuse for that. Plus, if I were there, I probably would have wanted to say the same thing. The difference is that I wouldn't have.

Please don't take this the wrong way, maybe my personality is just different. And don't take this as a personal attack on you either. I would also like to mention that no one can beat Disney, if it were a competition. They define the word perfection, and there's no substitute for it.

Just my two cents. . .

i completely agree with your post, kevlightyear! personally, i wouldn't have done what SykedOwt did either. like you said, they paid to be there, and as far as i know, no one was twisting anyone's arm to be there. and also, like you, i'm not meaning this as a personal attack or anything, it's just how i feel.
now, in my life, before there was Disney World, there was Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN http://holidayworld.com/ (most known for their wooden roller coasters) it claims to be the world's first theme park (construction started in 1945 and it was open with a year) i don't really know if that's true though. now, they are boasting being voted Cleanest and Friendliest parks in the world by readers of 'Amusement Today', and also the world's largest enclosed water slide, ZOOMbabwe. i'm going July 15 with my church. it'll be the first time in 10 years that i've been, so we'll see how their 'Friendliest and Cleanest' measures up to Disney standards. but i've always noticed 'parallels' to Disney parks, but i've NEVER thought of them of 'stealing' ideas from Disney. it's inevitable for me to compare them to Disney, but i've always thought of them as a completely seperate company, having different ideas. same goes for the former Opryland. i went there once before it was closed, and although i don't remember a whole lot about it, i do remember that there were several 'Disney'ish ideas....but i never thought of them 'stealing' from Disney. these are all seperate businesses trying to earn money the best they can and trying to entertain guests in their own way. of course Holiday World is seasonal, so it'll never measure up to Disney, but i don't really think they try...i just see them as being their own park and they make some pretty darn good money at it! that's obvious since they offer TONS of discounts and have started offering unlimited soft drinks for everyone! but no matter if they're Disney or not, i for one am gonna go and have fun reliving my childhood and not give it a second thought!! :cool:

jmarc63

Originally posted by Nansafan
In 1976 when Marriott's Great America opened, the areas were themed. The employees wore uniforms that matched their particular themed area, (lumber jack outfits, knickers etc) When Six Flags got hold of the park, the theming seemed to go out the window and the employees now wear generic polo shirts/shorts type uniforms. I miss the whole theming atmosphere. With that said, nothing can compare to WDW. Great America is an amusement park and fine for a day. WDW is a lifestyle. As I explain to people who ask how can I go every year, I tell them that once you step on Disney soil, you have left the USA and entered a new country/world. As my brother says everytime we cross the Welcome sign, "I'm Home!"

Nansafan. I remember that they were ready to be like Disney, Came close for a while, now its over prices and mostly rollercoasters

jmarc63

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721

This is very true and i agree with this as well. I went in March and a friend who went too said the thing that they loved best about WDW was how everything was spread out and how you felt like you were in a different city or something.

I miss going every year like I did when I was a kid, Can't afford it like my parents could, If I could I would be there, But maybe I would go when it was less crowed. We went at christmas time for 14 days which included christmass and newyears, Newyears were the best saw some great bands of the 70s playing in tommrowland . now I heare its a mad house over christmass with all the building since 81

jaimjaim25

I can't stand Six Flags (in NJ)! It's filled with loud abnoxious people and it's way too expensive! The only thing I would go there for is the Safari.

Monkeyflash

Years and years ago, Paramount's Carowinds in Charlotte had really nice themed sections. In fact, Carowinds' founder intended to create a Disneyland for the Carolinas, complete with a monorail and a themed hotel. Throughout the years, though, it has changed hands and the monorail and themed areas were removed in favor of bigger thrill rides. Lately though, they've started adding new themed sections and some great costumed characters.

Now I know they aren't even close to the quality and detail that Disney is famous for, but I think it's a good thing when other theme parks take a lesson or two from the mouse. For those of us who appreciate the Disney touch, it's nice to recognize when other parks make an effort to bring their level up just a little more, even if the idea wasn't entirely original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom