Disney Rip-Offs and WannaBes

SykedOwt

Original Poster
Ok, I Know there have been several posts about wanna be disney's before but today when i was at six flags great adventure in new jersey i might have found the cream of the crop when it comes to disney imitating.

First thing I notice is the Employee Name pins, They seem to have a remarkable similarity in size, shape and font that the CM's at disney have.
Next thing I saw is the Log Flume Sign, A Remarkable Resemblance to the Splash Mountain Sign with the same colors and the water splashes just like Spash, The only difference is no brer rabbit.
Now Great Adventure has parades also, but since the employees were getting on my nerves when the parade passed I gave the Old, "Stop Ripping Off Disney" Yell, To the dismay of what was probably one of the higher ups he told me to mind my buisness. With that i knew that they cant recreate the disney magic and atmosphere.

pheneix

Six Flags doesn't hold a candle to some of the better ones. In Japan there is this park called "Dreamland," which is a blatant ripoff of Disneyland from 1963. It is so pathetic, they even copied the Matterhorn (which looks like a heaping pile of crap, literally). On their website they even have pictures of their park with the real Disneyland to "compare" the two. If only I had the URL...

JLW11Hi

is it sixflags.com? I'm just guessing...:animwink:

Actually, I'm guessing you mean it was on a fan site or something. If it was at the real Six Flags site, I wouldn't think they would be comparing the 2 to show people how they ripped someone else off! Unless they didn't mean to do it like that.

JLW11Hi

oh, n/m, it isn't Six Flags!

I didn't see that in phenix's post until just now. Ok, mabey it's dreamland.com, then?

:slurp:

Dizknee_Phreek

you think THOSE are bad?! check out THIS place! http://www.geocities.com/tamtam_c/

....ok, so it's really my site, lol! sorry! had to get in a 'shameless' plug, here! ;) but there are TONS of Disney rip-off's throughout the whole area! although, the whole place is just in mine and my sister's imaginations....but that's how it all starts, isn't it? ;)

*btw, some of you may recognize Tam-Tam from Disney World...i bought him at the little stand when you enter China! Pepe is also from the same stand in China. (Pepe's sombraro and scarf type thing is from Mexico as well) just some tid-bits! :D

FanofDinsey1981

what I find crazy is the prices of six flags great america. (chicago.)

I think it was over 30 bucks last time I went there for a day?! Disney averages out to 44 dollars aday (whith a 7 day pass). for 14 more dollars I can go to disney. Thank you, I think I will.

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by SykedOwt
Ok, I Know there have been several posts about wanna be disney's before but today when i was at six flags great adventure in new jersey i might have found the cream of the crop when it comes to disney imitating.

First thing I notice is the Employee Name pins, They seem to have a remarkable similarity in size, shape and font that the CM's at disney have.
Next thing I saw is the Log Flume Sign, A Remarkable Resemblance to the Splash Mountain Sign with the same colors and the water splashes just like Spash, The only difference is no brer rabbit.
Now Great Adventure has parades also, but since the employees were getting on my nerves when the parade passed I gave the Old, "Stop Ripping Off Disney" Yell, To the dismay of what was probably one of the higher ups he told me to mind my buisness. With that i knew that they cant recreate the disney magic and atmosphere.

And, I have noticed a lot of the same things at the Great America as well. oh well, at least we can point and laugh at their attempts....

and they told you to mind your own business!? at least in disney they would say it in a nice way..........:veryconfu

kisimm

more at six-flags

Six flags also starting doing a fast pass, just like disney.

Also the price at the NJ Six Flags (park and Safari) was 49.99.

Very high.

JoeZerboy

Re: more at six-flags

Originally posted by kisimm
Six flags also starting doing a fast pass, just like disney.

Also the price at the NJ Six Flags (park and Safari) was 49.99.

Very high.

The one in Atlanta is $39.99 [according to sixflags.com]. Also, the FastLane system is an additional cost to the guests, not free like at Disney or US/IOA, unless things have changed at Six Flags. The parking at Six Flags GA is $10.00 to park yourself, $12.00 for valet parking here...WDW is $6.00 and US/IOA $7.00.

So, for entertainment value, I definitely get more for my money down in Orlando instead of staying locally.

BTW: Six Flags here seems or feels like it has a bit less sparkle or panache than the Orlando parks.

kal1484

Six Flags Great America (near chicago) doesn't come close, at least to me, especially at Halloween, they scare innocent people to death, almost litterally.

KBQueenWDW

Six Flags does has fast pass, but you know what! You have to pay extra for those. You have to buy this card thing for like $20 so you can cut in all the lines. It isn't even included in the price of their overpriced tickets! Grr... I'm not saying I hate Six Flags, but come on. Paying extra to cut in line is a little much. Don't you think?

pheneix

>>>especially at Halloween, they scare innocent people to death, almost litterally<<<

Yeah, that is the one thing Six Flags (other than coasters) is good at.

FanofDinsey1981

yeah, I just checked out the prices for great america, they are now at 40 bucks. and as Isaid before, disney is not much more than that, maybe a few bucks.

the thrill rides are great (aka batman and the raging bull) but holy @#$* I hate standing in their lines. they are so boooring. At least disney gives us themed lines to wait in....

and the food is so below par. I had a cheeseburger there once, that looked like somthing other than meat. we threw it out and left to get a burger from mcdonald's. it tasted better. which is sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom