Rumor Disney resort of some kind in Texas?

Vegas Disney Fan

What about one of the below scenarios…?!?!?! 🤔😁:hilarious:;)

View attachment 818218View attachment 818219
With the TX triangle alone having 20 million people both those scenarios might not be that far off, I think a TX park would be similar to DL, rumored at about 80% locals and 20% tourists.

It may poach a few people from DL and WDW but I bet it would also turn a lot of once or twice a year guests into passholders now going dozens of times a year.

DisneyHead123

Given Universal's project, and things like Sesame Place I think it's pretty likely that plans exist for some sort of smaller scale, younger kid-friendly entertainment option. Disney would be negligent not to have plans. The days of the kid-to-Disney pipeline thanks to the TV shows (for Boomers), the Disney Channel (for Gen X) and VHS (for Millennials) is clearly over, and Disney is going to have to start being more pro-active to make sure they are maximizing their kid inbound rate.

Everybody's got cabinets of plans... what gets built? I want to see some land records and permit filings.

Was going to say, what are the odds that Disney wants Universal to have totally competition free access to the Texas area market? Normally I wouldn’t believe this rumor but with Universal there I could see it.

If they figure out how to get the rights, putting Bluey in competition with Universal’s park would be pure gold. Not for the entire park, but for a land - perfect! (Cough also stick Cars over there and don’t crap up the vintage feel of MK cough.)

MouseEarsMom33

Second what people are NOT electing to go to WDW in Orlando that are going to decide to go to NC/VA? If the answer (and it is) is no one, all your doing is canalizing your WDW attendance, and taking on huge additional overhead and operations costs, for no revenue gain.
I live in the northeast. Flights are expensive for a family of 4 for just a long weekend trip. I could see us driving to VA for a long weekend. I won't do that for WDW as it's too long. However, the park would need to be comparable for me to replace long vacations.

While this would allow me to increase my number of trips to "Disney" throughout the year, I doubt this would be a target market for Disney.

britain

I would wager that they really wouldn’t want to create a castle park in the middle of America for fear of diminishing the exclusivity of their two current US resorts. so I think they would consider some new kind of park or mini park.

However, gone are the days where Disney could just put their name on something pretty & elegant and it have a strong pull. If it is not going to be America’s Disneyland 3.0, it would need to have top-tier IP to anchor it.

And honestly, none of their IP are impeccable anymore.

Maybe an Avengers park makes most sense?

Maybe that “multiple planet” Star Wars park idea?

I dunno. I think their best bet really would be Disneyland 3.0, but I don’t think they are actually bold enough to do that.

britain

It would be smart to find a way to make more theme park money off of Classic Star Wars in a way that doesn’t undermine your previous billion dollar investment. Why tear down parts of the two Galaxy’s Edge lands when you can just build something new in the middle of America?

Maybe…?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It would be smart to find a way to make more theme park money off of Classic Star Wars in a way that doesn’t undermine your previous billion dollar investment. Why tear down parts of the two Galaxy’s Edge lands when you can just build something new in the middle of America?

Maybe…?
I agree, which is why it now makes sense if its really meant as an idea for these plans.

britain

But it’s also arguable that building anything Star Wars at all undermines the other two resorts.

Can they make a third park in the middle of America that has NEW offerings? Are there any powerful, popular IP’s that have been inexplicably denied huge investments by both coasts?

Aladdin?

Last edited:

britain

Tarzan?
Wall-E?
Hercules?

Seems like I’m just digging from the 90’s 00’s, but that’s what’s nostalgic now anyway.

But those also are not billion dollar franchises.

Last edited:

britain

I’m back to Pan again. It’s an amazingly enduring property that has survived lots of adaptations and is still a classic.

If you put a Fantasy Springs / Skull Rock / Volcanos type centerpiece in the middle of this new park, that would give you “castle park vibes” without it actually being a castle park.

Not only could you build Tokyo’s Neverland ride, you could also build the Shanghai Pirates of the Caribbean ride in America without tearing down the classic versions. 😄

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I’d rather Disney build an east coast theme park.

I know some say on this forum this will never happen due to cold weather, but Paris gets very cold during the winter, and that didn’t stop Disney from pushing forward with Disney land Paris.

A Virginia/North Carolina would serve the east coast region very well, and would eliminate the expensive long flights to Orlando.

Then Disney would have hubs in the south, west coast and east coast…eventually they can build a Kansas Disney park and all the regions of the United States will be covered!
If I'm Busch Gardens or Six Flags I'm against it. It would cannibalize the attendance of Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I know most of you don't care but I don't want to see those parks hurt by the Mouse.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
With the TX triangle alone having 20 million people both those scenarios might not be that far off, I think a TX park would be similar to DL, rumored at about 80% locals and 20% tourists.

It may poach a few people from DL and WDW but I bet it would also turn a lot of once or twice a year guests into passholders now going dozens of times a year.
I would think they could do something on a smaller scale. A different type of park. But they never seem interested. Maybe bad memories from Disney quest? Or their short lived kid play zones. 😂

Moth

But it’s also arguable that building anything Star Wars at all undermines the other two resorts.

Can they make a third park in the middle of America that has NEW offerings? Are there any powerful, popular IP’s that have been inexplicably denied huge investments by both coasts?

Aladdin?
The Lion King. Especially if DAK rumors don't materialize.

If this comes to be, I don't expect a full blown massive park, and more what Universal is doing.

I fully expect Disney to be courting the rights owners of Bluey for theme park rights eventually. They're not going to want that to pass them up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom