News Disney releases updated timeline for Parks and Resorts openings through 2026

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Yikes...nothing in the parks after Tiana. And this is with Epic Universe on the way. Not a good look.
1699544954351.png

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but I do wonder if you'll see things announced around the time that Epic Universe opens?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but I do wonder if you'll see things announced around the time that Epic Universe opens?
Again, I know nothing either, but from what I understand there is nothing in the pipeline currently to "compete" with Epic at least on the East coast of the US. DVC and cruise ships ain't gonna cut it.

Haymarket

Odd they didn't include the opening of the Walt Disney Studios Paris extension in FY2025 or even FY2026 (it's supposedly going to be completed in 2025).

(Never mind, it's only publicly announced dates and subject to change.)
Q4_FY23_Earnings_Presentation-pdf.jpg

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Paris expansion certainly won't be 2025. They're kicking this can and we'll be heading towards the 35th anniversary at this rate.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

It's quite possible Disney will announce something around that time to draw media attention away from Universal, but there's a difference between making an announcement and having something actually open...which Universal will have.

Bocabear

So Tiana will open sometime in 2024, and Epic Universe somewhere in 2025...in time for the new to wear off Tiana....and then nothing else planned for WDW except DVC for the next two years...
Seems like nothing truly new in the Disney Orlando universe is going to leave a big vacuum that will be filled with Universal.....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's quite possible Disney will announce something around that time to draw media attention away from Universal, but there's a difference between making an announcement and having something actually open...which Universal will have.

Disney will make an announcement, see 12 vloggers in the room, and be like...

Confused High Quality GIF

But this is what Bob's 'Blue Ocean' beliefs get them.

RescueTheDay

So Tiana will open sometime in 2024, and Epic Universe somewhere in 2025...in time for the new to wear off Tiana....and then nothing else planned for WDW except DVC for the next two years...
Seems like nothing truly new in the Disney Orlando universe is going to leave a big vacuum that will be filled with Universal.....
Let’s be real, outside of opening a new park as well, nothing can compete with a brand new park opening. Trying to compete would be wasted resources and should be focused on the year or two after Epic.

Advisable Joseph

Let's emphasize
(Never mind, it's only publicly announced dates and subject to change.)
Look carefully

View attachment 753439

Only ships are mentioned for 2025 and 2026.

I think Disney has said nothing about what will or will not be opening at the parks in 2025 or 2026, only what ships will be sailing.

Think about movie release schedules: just because the only movies mentioned for five years from now might be Star Wars and Avatar doesn't mean Disney is planning on releasing only those movies.

Jrb1979

Let's emphasize

Look carefully

View attachment 753439

Only ships are mentioned for 2025 and 2026.

I think Disney has said nothing about what will or will not be opening at the parks in 2025 or 2026, only what ships will be sailing.

Think about movie release schedules: just because the only movies mentioned for five years from now might be Star Wars and Avatar doesn't mean Disney is planning on releasing only those movies.
With how slow they build things don't expect much.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think they’re banking on the people coming to see Epic also spending a couple days at Disney while in Orlando, if we flew across the country to see Epic it’s what we’d do.

Jrb1979

I think they’re banking on the people coming to see Epic also spending a couple days at Disney while in Orlando, if we flew across the country to see Epic it’s what we’d do.
For the hardcore Disney fans like those here sure. I'm not so sure your average guest is going to do that. When Epic Universe opens it makes Universal a week long vacation. Especially with 3 parks and a water park. If anything people will visit MK for a day. The other 3 parks will suffer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Because Disney has nothing that will be opening in the parks in 2025 or 2026 (unless there is a quick - meaning 1-2 year turnaround - reskin of an existing attraction). Universal may, though... 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom