Disney Radar on my computer

worldfanatic

Original Poster
As a desert rat, one of the things I love about Disney World is the tropical greenery which comes from the large amount of rain the area gets. No such moisture for us here in Palm Springs.

Being both a Disney and a weather junkie, I've found a way to combine my passions. In my favorites section on my laptop, I've got a couple of radar sites from orlandosentinel.com that I have on pretty much all the time.
One is large radar of most of Florida. The second is a tight radar zoom of just Orlando and the WDW area.

I don't just sit and stare at it, but many times daily check the greater Florida radar to see if anything is moving towards Central Florida. When a system gets close, I switch over to the tight Orlando/WDW radar. Using the roads which appear on the radar screen, I can tell exactly which part of the World is getting rain.
You'd be suprised how often the Magic Kingdom gets poured on while Epcot and other southern parts are dry. (and vise versa)

I know I'm a geek (my wife just looks at me and shakes her head), but considering other ridiculous web sites people visit, I'm not that bad.
I just love knowing my favorite spot on earth is getting the rain it needs to be lush & tropical for my next visit.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom