Disney Quest

The last couple times I've been at Downtown Disney during the week, they have offered half-price admission--I think around 7 p.m. Check ahead of time as it is at the manager's discretion. If they're open till at least 10 p.m. (weekdays), it's not a bad deal. They are open till 11 p.m. on Fridays though, but they may not offer this on weekends. Just make sure to check ahead if you can.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Depends on what you can tolerate, what will make your kids happy. Its extremely noisy, chaotic, pandemonium... lots of machine greedy kids that wont share time. Difficult to keep track of where your kids might be, easy to get separated from one another. Games are OK, some old versions, some new, but DQ definitely not up to the standards that once was. I'd not take my vacation time away from other better things Disney has to offer.

Upvote 0

JDMom

We get 2 free tickets with our package. I let my 2 teens take them and we run to a resort bar! Honestly, last year they stayed maybe an hour. They said they may stop in for a game or two with their free tickets this year if they get bored with my shopping. I would not pay to go at all. it really is a lost opportunity at Disney.

Upvote 0

JTT

It's a 5 story arcade. if you like arcades then you will like it.

There are some unique games and experiences but essentially it's a big arcade.

;)

Upvote 0

Evil Genius

The problem is...the "cutting edge" video games are about 20 years out of date at this point! All the VR attractions are so antiquated that I actually feel embarrassed for those having to run them.

The only reason to even set foot in the building is the floor with the 80's arcade games.

Upvote 0

elfshadowreaper

There is so much more to experience at Disney World that is magical. Unless you have teenagers who just need to waste time in Downtown Disney, there's not much reason to go.

I shudder to think about a generation of kids that is more interested in playing video games than going to one of the Disney parks. We have two nephews that are pretty much in that camp.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The problem is...the "cutting edge" video games are about 20 years out of date at this point! All the VR attractions are so antiquated that I actually feel embarrassed for those having to run them.

The only reason to even set foot in the building is the floor with the 80's arcade games.
Which would be great, if they worked. Last time I was in there nearly every one had major problems.

Upvote 0

SeanWM48

had free passes to check the place out and really didn't like it. as already stated there are so many better things to do with you time.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Seriously??!! It's been so long since I've been inside I had no idea!
It was really sad the last time I was there. I found and endless supply of dead joysticks, dead buttons, pinball machines where the flippers only worked on one side and screens that had dropped at least one color.

Upvote 0

Evil Genius

It was really sad the last time I was there. I found and endless supply of dead joysticks, dead buttons, pinball machines where the flippers only worked on one side and screens that had dropped at least one color.

I just don't get it! I'm curious whether the facility is actually run by Disney. I understand there being a slight slide in maintenance, but this is beyond the pale.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just don't get it! I'm curious whether the facility is actually run by Disney. I understand there being a slight slide in maintenance, but this is beyond the pale.
I don't know if I just hit it on a bad day. but my last two trips were about 18 months apart and the story was pretty much just the same.

Personally, I wish they would either just gut the thing from top to bottom, start over and then update it regularly or just give up on the concept and use the building for something else.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom