Disney Quest

Samoht

Original Poster
We have never been to Disney Quest and are putting aside time to try it on our visit in July. What can you guys that have experienced it tell me about it? My kids are aged 7 and 9 and I have read up on it as much as I can but would be grateful for real life experiences there. Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would not bother. Disney Quest is in shambles. The headliner games there are not even as good as your average Wii game. The lion share of the classic arcade games there have issues ranging from burnt in screens, dropped colors, lame controls, etc. Disney Quest also has the highest height requirements of any of the Disney parks which very well might exclude your 7 and 9 year old.

If it was free, I would not waste my time there and there is no way I would every pay to go in until the gut the place and start over.

WDWLOYAL1971

We went once and don't think we'll do it again. It was a total waste of time and money. Huge Disappointments all across the board. From the size, to the games to the food, you name it, total disappointment.

neoshinok

It's been several years since I've been, and I know it's in need of a refurbishment, but I really think a 7 & 9 year old would have a great time at DisneyQuest. The Cyber Mountain is a neat 'Build your own coaster' which has real inversions, should you choose to build them. I really enjoyed Alladin's carpet ride, especially looking around at others in your group in their 'digital monkey' form:) The River Adventure is pretty cool, and has multiple outcomes depending on the direction you row. Also, the super hero themed virtual reality has a cool battle element, similar to using a light saber. For the 'real world' (non virtual) element, Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlaster is worth playing a couple times, probably let your kids take turns driving and the other shooting. Overall, it needs some upgrades, but well worth a half day:)

C.FERNIE

we went a few times when it was new, and it was amazing, last time we went as mentioned it was an utter shambles and a waste of money, it needs a massive overhaul or just knocked down! :wave:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I would not bother. Disney Quest is in shambles. The headliner games there are not even as good as your average Wii game. The lion share of the classic arcade games there have issues ranging from burnt in screens, dropped colors, lame controls, etc. Disney Quest also has the highest height requirements of any of the Disney parks which very well might exclude your 7 and 9 year old.

If it was free, I would not waste my time there and there is no way I would every pay to go in until the gut the place and start over.

-- We went a couple of times but it was part of the "water parks and more" package so we took advantage - having experienced it.....
You can see that it was once a great idea, but is now in very bad shape and not worth your valuable vacation time and money.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
-- We went a couple of times but it was part of the "water parks and more" package so we took advantage - having experienced it.....
You can see that it was once a great idea, but is now in very bad shape and not worth your valuable vacation time and money.
When it came out DQ was state of the art +10 but they quite literally not updated the place since it opened. There have been a few changes here and there but the attractions are largely the same. If they stripped the place to the walls and did nothing but install a bunch of flat screens and xboxes with kinect it would be an improvement.

Chrononymous

I disagree...I think it can still be a fun experience. Especially if you are a kid under age 10.
Or me.

Kids don't really notice the threadbare carpet or the missing lightbulbs...and the stuff that still works...really works...I can just play Buccaneers Gold for the whole day!

Cyberspace mountain is still cool...the Mighty Ducks pinball thing is still fun if you have someone to compete against. (and you know how to cheat to win, like I do!) and even though I got enormously dizzy on those Buzz bumper car things, my 10 year old nephew was screaming with delight!

If you have a competitive bunch, you will have a great time. Some of the games are fun to try and best your opponent, and others are all about the Teamwork.

I still have a great time there, even though it's never been updated as it should be.

SulleyanBoo

We went once in 08' and have done a Disney trip every year since and have not been back if that says anything :shrug: lol

To each is own, a 9 and 7 year old might have fun but the only cool thing that I liked there was the "create your own roller coaster"

But the games all seemed outdated..nothing fun about them and the service from the cast members was also lower (not dissing the cast members there in general just talking from our expereince)

Not worth the 40.00 per person Take that money and book a dining reservation at Prime Time Cafe, Sci Fi Dine Inn or somewhere fun like that :)

disneygirl1

We haven't been to Disney Quest in years, but my DS who is 10 begs eveything we are in Disney to go, so I finally decided that we would make time to visit when we go next Friday. Man, I hope he is not disappointed in Disney Quest now after reading this thread! He really is looking forward to going!

The Incredible Schmulk

When we were in WDW this past October, we went during the day, a weekday, and the place was packed. I'll echo the sentiments of the others who say that you can see the promise that it once held, but that all of the technology is long past its prime. The retro arcade is still pretty fun, even if a lot of the games are out of order. But, yeah, it's a waste of money.

Since our annual passes got us in free, I wasn't annoyed, but I was definitely disappointed. I really wanted to like that place, but between the crowds in a cramped space, the broken down games and the ten years too old technology, there's no way I would pay a fee to get in there.

Samoht

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. We are upgrading our passes because we plan to hit Typhoon Lagoon a couple of times. We'll be staying for 12 days so I figured since it won't cost anything we should give it a try. Hopefully the kids will enjoy it. Some of the stuff sounds pretty cool but,with10 year old technology(even the Disney kind) I can understand all the criticism. I'm surprised they haven't updated it because it's pretty expensive to pay for outright.

Engine 51

I wouldn't pay for it by itself, but we always go if we have the WPaM. If you go, make sure you take the whole family in the Pirates of the Carribean game.

menamechris

It's a mess - there is no saving it at this point. I hope they have a plan for that space, because the technology is going to just keep looking more pathetic as the years go by. Honestly, I think the only reason why it is still open is because they get average attendence from curious people who have never been - and people who have the water parks and more option on their tickets. Quite frankly, I would go so far as to say the $40+ ticket price is probably the biggest rip off on Disney property if you are paying out of pocket....

SulleyanBoo

It's a mess - there is no saving it at this point. I hope they have a plan for that space, because the technology is going to just keep looking more pathetic as the years go by. Honestly, I think the only reason why it is still open is because they get average attendence from curious people who have never been - and people who have the water parks and more option on their tickets. Quite frankly, I would go so far as to say the $40+ ticket price is probably the biggest rip off on Disney property if you are paying out of pocket....

you hit the nail on the head with this one. I completely agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom