Disney Quest

jborda87

Original Poster
I'm thinking about going to DisneyQuest for the first time, just wondering if it is worth the money?

Also just wondering if anyone could give any info on it. I really want to do the ride your own coaster, but do you have to pay?

Chape19714

Everything at Disneyquest is included in admission, except for arcade games you win prizes for. I would recommend it if you like technology, virutal reality, video games, or all of the above. Enjoying video games is a big plus...espically for some of the attractions. It's pretty fun, but gets more crowded as the night goes on. You can definately see everything in 1 day or less.

steviej

I agree with the above poster. If your into that futuristic kind of thing, then disney quest is your place!

Mecha Figment

it's 35 dollars. I payed 18 bucks and i think that was about the right price. there isa few cool things there and a lot of near misses. the best things there are the pirates game and the elevator ride to the top floor at the begining.

Mecha Figment

oh yeah i forgot about that. it's cool too. it's included in the cost. most of the machines look like you have to pay to use them. they use to be set up where you had to do it individualy . now it's basicaly free play option. so it's included.

rjwalter

Disney Quest definately has some cool games, The Pirates game, Build you own coaster, there is a drawing class type thing for kids. Along with many other new technology type games as well as some of the classics.

I would reccomend it if you have been to Disney before and are looking for something new to try. I didn't go until my 4th trip and we had bad weather that week so we went and checked it out. We had a good time and I may venture back in the future.

magicstar01

i always think disney quest is a bit of a let down, its confusing to get around, and i always have to queue for everything and i seem to get bored very quickly, if you havent been before it is at least good to go once! Gets a bit repetitive as nothing changes!:king:

dazzer68

its a big amusement arcade on five floors
theres a few places to get food and drinks
all things are free except some things that give prizes
can get a bit boring couldnt do it for a whole day but if its raining its somewhere to go..it was included on my ultimate ticket so we went in the evenings when it was cold.
yes theres a roolercoaster ride where you ride your designs but always a long q for that one.
food areas looking a bit shabby and dirty not a aplace you hang about in!
the animation academy is good fun where you can learn to draw a character then buy the drawing witha trading pin and other stuff $12.95.
if you can come and go on a ticket do it but i wouldnt buy a ticket for the day

Did Knee

We always buy the MYW water parks and more option which includes Disney Quest. To me DQ is about 3 to 4 hours of fun, so I dont know that I would buy the one time DQ only ticket. That might not be worth it to me. Generally we stay a week, and mid week some time we do a water park morning to early afternoon, hit our resort then head to downtown disney. I spend some time in the adventurers club getting fortified, then Im ready for DQ. Someone will probebly flame me for this, but I enjoy Astro blasters, Pirates and the coaster thing with a nice warm buzz on (just loose, not totally bombed or anything). I hit a few various video games too, then Im ready to go back to the resort. To me that is a day/evening well spent!

FrumiousBoojum

The only thing you need to pay for on Virtual Space Mountain (hosted by Bill Nye, it's that "build your coaster" thing that people are talking about) is if you want a video of your ride. That video is just a video of you and your friend riding in it, along with a small window showing your coaster. A bit expensive for what it is, so I never bought it.

If you go late, it's usually not crowded and the price is a lot cheaper.

$35, though, for a video game freak -- that's a good deal. I'm sure most gamers would spend at least $50+ during a day at the arcade. I can't see how you could possibly get bored there.

SallyShine

Did Knee said:
I spend some time in the adventurers club getting fortified, then Im ready for DQ. Someone will probebly flame me for this, but I enjoy Astro blasters, Pirates and the coaster thing with a nice warm buzz on (just loose, not totally bombed or anything). I hit a few various video games too, then Im ready to go back to the resort. To me that is a day/evening well spent!

Hey, you're on vacation! Nothing better than having a cold one when you know you don't have to drive home or go to work the next day!

WDW_Sam

In my opinion, Disney Quest is amazing. I love the atmosphere and attractions. As for the daily rate, i dont think its worth it as the attractions are usually very busy. Since its included in the Walt Disney World annual pass. Then its excellent value!

Sam

nibblesandbits

magicstar01 said:
i always think disney quest is a bit of a let down, its confusing to get around, and i always have to queue for everything and i seem to get bored very quickly, if you havent been before it is at least good to go once! Gets a bit repetitive as nothing changes!:king:
I actually kind of have to agree with you. Yeah, I had a fun time...but it does get repetitive, it really is confusing to get around and it is easy to get bored. (Oh, by the way, I'm in the "target audience" for this place...I'm 22...and if I got bored with it... :( )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom