Disney Quest

disneyfam

We are leaving September 23rd for a week. I'm having trouble finding information on Disney Quest. Is it worth it? We have two children 10 and 7. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks to all!!

Tron

I've been to Disney Quest on four occasions, and on all but one I had a great time. The one occasion I did not enjoy was due to the crowd level in the place (which can damper anything, if you let it).
While it's certainly not enough to do for a full day from open to close, what you might try doing is picking a day (a weekday or a Sunday -- stay away from Friday and Saturday) in your schedule without a lot going on. Go there in the morning and do a lot of the bigger stuff: Pirates of the Caribbean, the Aladdin ride, CyberSpace Mountain, etc. Loiter about enjoying the place for a few hours, then head somewhere else for part of the day (either the Marketplace or a park, or hang at your hotel), and come back later on in the evening and do whatever else you wanted to do, or the things that you want to do again.

I personally really like the atmosphere of the place, and I love the classic arcade games. The Pirates 3-D game is probably the best "original" attraction they have there (stay away from the virtual Jungle Cruise). The only thing to watch out for is a crowd -- it can really dampen your spirits to have to wait in line to play a video game.

Upvote 0

kwt10

I have an 8 year old and he and I try to go to DQ everytrip down. We spend hours inside playing all the games that he wants to play in the parks and at the hotel. He has learned that he will not get to put a dollar in a machine to play for two minutes if he waits he can play for hours at DQ. To us it is well worth the money and time.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disneyquest is definitely worth it for an afternoon. One thing though, the Cheesecake Factory there is nothing like the restaurant, so prepare to be somewhat dissappointed...

also, you're from London, I have many a friend in that area

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
I went to DQ just this past weekend, for my first time :)

I wasn't dissapointed :)

I really liked the Virtual Jungle Cruise. Essentially, you sit in a real live river raft atop a big blue air bag and row with paddles that have rollers on them while staring at a big screen TV. I thought it was grand fun, especially arguing with my teamate over which direction to go. It takes some serious rowing though, tired me out. I liked getting "splashed" every so often too.

I liked the Magic Carpets too, but I got killed before the end. You work in a 4 person team, and you all wear funny headgear that gets tightened on, so it's a bit "eww.. someone else wore this.."

Alien Encounter is a giant shoot 'em up with 1 pilot and 3 gun men. It's cute, but short, and not too grandly impressive.

Mighty Ducks pinball is essentually you and 14 of your closest friends standing on little round platforms and tilting from side to side to move a "puck" and try to score by hitting things on a giant screen. Looks more fun than it actually is.

Buzz Lightyear is pretty cool. One person drives the bumper car, and the other operates a cannon that uses "asteroids" you pick up from the floor. We got a direct hit on another vehicle and watched them spin and spin :)

I watch one cyber space mountain through a window and decided I didn't wanna puke that night.

Here's a listing of attractions per floor:

First Floor:

Virtual Jungle River Cruise
Trasures of the Incas (remote controlled cars)
Pirates oif the carribea: Battle for Buccaneer Gold
DQ Emporim

Second Floor:

Radio Disney Song Maker
Animation Academy
Living Easels
Sid's Create a Toy
Magic Mirror
Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride
Cyber Space Mountain

Third Floor:

The Underground Arcade
Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam
Daytona USA
Venture Port (The Entrance)
Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blaster

Fourth Floor:

Sports Arena Arcade
Ride the Comix
Wonderland Cafe
Midway on the Moon

Fifth Floor:

Extraterrorestrial Alin Encounter
Ride the Comix
Food Quest
Midway on the Moon

You take a strange entrance elvator to the third floor to enter. The Midway on the Moon is a prize play area and costs money, everything else is free with admission.

-Rob

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Also:

I came in Last Place in the Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam.

I scored 4 Star Marksmen in Alien Encounter (My friend only got 2 stars)

The food stuff closes before the rest of the place, which was a bummer cuz I got hungry right at 11pm.

-Rob

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

And don't forget the bad -a$$ 80's video games! They are still there, aren't they? They were defiantely what made it worth the price of admission for me....all the V/R stuff just made me nauseous :hurl:

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
...all the V/R stuff just made me nauseous :hurl:

Don't forget the smells (sometimes). We had one in Chicago, and I got on a VR attraction and put on the helmet...I was more consumed by the smell than the game:hurl:. I just couldn't concentrate! I've done them again recently (in FL) and haven't had another bad experience, thank goodness!

Upvote 0

WDW1

QuEsT

:brick: HE MOM LOOK, ITS THE LINE RIDE!!!!
I LOVE TO STAND IN LINE FOR HOURS, ITS SOOO MUCH FUN!!!

JUST KIDDING, HA HA!!

NO, QUEST IS PRETTY COOL. JUST IF YOUR GONNA GO, GO EARLY. ONCE THE MAX OUT AND JAM AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE IN THE BUILDING, ITS NOT MUCH FUN ANYMORE.
A COUPLE COOL THINGS:
YOU CAN BUILD YOUR VERY OWN ROLLER COASTER AND THE RIDE IT, VERRRRY COOOOL...
YOU CAN ALSO SIT IN ON A DISNEY ANIMATION SESSION THAT TEACHS YOU HOW TO DRAW YOU FAVORITE DISNEY CHARACTERS, AND THEN YOU CAN PRINT YOU DRAWING OUT AND SEND IT HOME.

IT'S WORTH GOING AT LEAST ONCE...

OOOHHHH, ALSO HIT THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY, I MUST OF GAINED 10 POUNDS EACH TIME I WENT THERE....

I WISH YOU MUCH FUN:hammer:

Upvote 0

westie

DQ is great at the end of the evening after the parks close, meander your way through downtown, stroll through PI(don't miss the Adventurers Club) and then over to DQ until they kick you out. Don't miss the pirates, if your party is not three or more you'll have to share a boat.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by westie
DQ is great at the end of the evening after the parks close, meander your way through downtown, stroll through PI(don't miss the Adventurers Club) and then over to DQ until they kick you out. Don't miss the pirates, if your party is not three or more you'll have to share a boat.

Sorry westie, but I recommend doing just the opposite. Go during the day. Evenings are very crowded, especially if the parks close early, which I believe they do in early September. We also take an early flight and spend our first day at DQ (we think the Cheesecake factory food is awesome, though much more fastfoodish than the actual restaurant). My 29-year-old (OK, he's my husband) can't get enough of the place.

Study the map on the wall before you do the Pirates ride -- it really is a map of the game and it helps immensely. And if the line isn't long, do the game more than once so you can see everything (and try to beat your score).

At CyberSpace Mountain not only can you design your own coaster, but you can buy a videotape afterward that shows your coaster as well as a video of you riding the coaster -- it's pretty funny.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom