Disney Quest Closing??

jmvd20

DQ isn't closing anytime soon. This item has been discussed at great length here time and time again. Basically it has been an ongoing rumor that DQ is being replaced by ___________, of course the blank is something different everytime.

If you want more information on the subject just do a search for Disney Quest and you will find numerous threads about it.

Welcome aboard!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DQ isn't closing anytime soon. This item has been discussed at great length here time and time again. Basically it has been an ongoing rumor that DQ is being replaced by ___________, of course the blank is something different everytime.

If you want more information on the subject just do a search for Disney Quest and you will find numerous threads about it.

Welcome aboard!!!

Or darn, I thought that Disney Quest was being replaced by _______. (a word that gets censored everytime) :lol:

JWG

DQ closing is just a long standing rumor so we have an ongoing debate following the removal of the SSE Wand. I mean seriously, once that thing finally goes what will we talk about on these boards? :shrug:

As mentioned, DQ was just painted, so I feel confident its not going anywhere for the timebeing. If it were to go, I think Disney may have to think about their Magic Your Way add-ons. Right now it supplement the Water Parks "& more" very nicely. W/O it, water parks and more becomes a bit useless at night - especially for kids who can't do Pleasure Island.

naumoney

Not closing!

This rumor is becoming less and less substantiated, as more and more money is being spent on DisneyQuest.
  • The paint job has been in progress for months and still has a few weeks left.
  • Over the last month or longer, two of the pirate ships closed and reopened completely refurbed, with new floors, new paint and stain work and possibly a new pneumatic system.
  • Outside monitors switched over to nice flatscreens.
  • Exit turnstiles moved (more complicated and expensive than you'd think!)
  • New arcade cabinets. They now have 4 "Let's Go Jungle" and a new "Virtual" Jump Rope game. (very cool)

There are other projects being worked on as well that cannot be spoken of.

lewisc

The _____is almost always an ESPN zone. Disney was originally going to have DQ in major cities. That's history. Without multiple DQs the question is how much $$$ will Disney devote to developing new "stuff".

Some of the rumors has DQ being reduced to a few floors with the rest of the building being converted to an ESPN zone.

The previous poster seems to have some information. DQ seems to have a number of birthday parties. I don't see Disney closing DQ without having plans for the building. It won't be a 20K situation. Spending money on DQ, so it can continue to operate, doesn't necessarily prevent closing it later.

Some rumored projects, like monorail expansion, have almost no chance of happening. Converting all, or part, of DQ to an ESPN zone isn't a reach. Might never happen but as rumors go it's reasonable. Actually painting the building, and otherwise fixing it up, might make it easier to consider converting part of it to an ESPN zone.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
The original DQ was in Orlando, followed by Chicago. The next one was to be Philadelphia followed by Anaheim/LA.

Shame it didn't happen that way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom