Disney PRT (Personal Rapid Transport) System to Connect Southern End of Disney World

mm121

Original Poster
Disney PRT (Personal Rapid Transport) System to Connect Southern End of Disney World

I've had this idea for awhole and think it would be pretty cool and also right in line with Disneye recent moce of building the Skyliner as an alternative transport option.

A PRT SYSTEM
Heathrow_Personal_Rapid_Transit_PRT_image_3.jpg

Like the one at Heathrow Airport.

It would connect 2 Parks, A Waterpark, 3 hotels (expandable to 6), future connection to ESPN.

Stops would be
  • Hollywood Studios ( either front entrance, or secondary entrance like the Skyliner connects to IG instead of the main gate)
  • Animal Kingdom
  • Blizzard Beach
  • ESPN Sports
Hotels
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Animal Kingdom DVC Villas
  • Coronado Spring Resort
  • Future Expansion to all 3 All Stars ( Though would probably require a Transportation fee to avoid system overcrowding)
ALSO could connect to future High Speed Rail Station thought to be close to ESPN and the 4th laundry

Screenshot_20190427-013201_Maps.jpg

A system like this could run mostly ar ground level and some areas needed elevation would require structures much more lightweight than typical roadway construction.
Still3B_large.jpg

The entire system would be connected by a pod storage location near to Blizard Beach were two of the primary tracks cross.

PROS:
  • Runs entirely on Electricity
  • Automated
  • Flexible capacity.
  • Doesn't REPEAT connections provided by other fixed transit such as monorail or new Skyliner instead it works with these systems. Especially the Skyliner to connect to 4 additional hotels (AoA, Pop, CBB, Riviera) and a 3rd Park (IG)

Last edited:

bUU

Effectively, Minnie Vans are a PRT system supplementing Disney's mass transit bus system. Beyond that, I don't see the value in investing in a tracked PRT system when the vast majority of users are going to the same places anyway. I see PRT as icing on the cake once an area has effectively addressed its mass transit needs, and in terms of tracked transit (which I suppose technically includes the gondola) Disney has a lot more work to do on the mass transit side.

mm121

Original Poster
Effectively, Minnie Vans are a PRT system supplementing Disney's mass transit bus system. Beyond that, I don't see the value in investing in a tracked PRT system when the vast majority of users are going to the same places anyway. I see PRT as icing on the cake once an area has effectively addressed its mass transit needs, and in terms of tracked transit (which I suppose technically includes the gondola) Disney has a lot more work to do on the mass transit side.
The main difference would be no need for drivers or an additional cost for guests (other than possibly All Stars)

But your right Disney of the past was about trying new technology and taking risks, the Disney of today is all about the safe choice. Hence the decision to build the Skyliner instead of something like this for the current transportation expansion.

By the theory that most are going to the same places anyway they would never have built the Skyliner.

A primary decision factor could be if they created a central bus station at the PRT hub then there able to discontinue many current bus routes. That would be something I could see happening as that would have major labor saving of many bus drivers.

bUU

The main difference would be no need for drivers or an additional cost for guests (other than possibly All Stars)
This past week the local papers (I'm following them now that I'm soon to be a resident) were reporting Orlando's distinction of being the city with the lowest average wages or something of that sort. As long as the pay situation in Orlando is so poor, labor still gives high technology a run for its money (pardon the pun). Coming to think of it, it's because people like me are moving to the area that there are so many people willing to work for so little compensation, so I'm part of the problem that will keep high technology from becoming the best approach.

mm121

Original Poster
Well....If cant can be done with X-S, it shouldn't be done at all.
Oh so it's some star wars reference.

If they didn't want to commit to a full system, a baby system connecting Star Wars Land to the Star Wars Hotel could be a good small scale testing ground

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom