News Disney Press Releases Explode All Over "The Holidays" in WDW for 2018

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Am I the only person who thinks it's time to retire the Mickey's Very Merry Christmastime Parade? Same with the Boo To You Parade for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

What?! Those are great parades!! The marching toy soldiers is truly magical.

How does this compare to prior years’ announcements?

Mostly the same. They tend to add a little something extra each year, so, the holiday offerings seem especially immune to budge cuts.

MaryJaneP

Am I the only person who thinks it's time to retire the Mickey's Very Merry Christmastime Parade? Same with the Boo To You Parade for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

No, you are not the only one. Time is way advanced for these "parades" to still be in existence. Our fear, however, is that new offerings for a Halloween themed and/or Christmastime themed parade needs to replace the existing parades to prevent the loss of something many look forward to. Perhaps something is being worked on for the 50th. Let's hope.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
To be followed by the obligatory "price increase" release.......At least they'll let us enjoy the holidays (I hope)...before announcing the parking fees at Wilderness Lodge now cost same as a night at the Hilton Garden Inn.

erasure fan1

I can't believe they wrote a holiday press release about 18 new experiences that includes cupcakes, merchandise and buying 5 cookies to get the 6th one free.
I don't know, it seems very 2018 Disney to me. My favorite is, "hey, come see a show that's almost 20 years old, because it's closing." Disney will make anything a new experience.

The Empress Lilly

What ridiculous spin.

The World of Disney shop happened to reopen in October? Add it to your list of new Christmas offerings!

Pre-existing offerings, cost cuts, standard replacements (you weren't going to sell 'Christmas 2013' shirts, were you?), and unrelated openings. What lunacy.

That TDO dares to present this list shows that they do realise it is the very dumbness of their guests that allows them to run WDW like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom