Disney Podcasts...

gemini

DolFan said:
I used to listen to the Walt Disney World Resort: Plugged In, but it has not been updated in a while. It is an official podcast, but not as good as the other podcasts mentioned.

I thought Plugged In topped them all. Maybe it's because the others seems soooo long. I'm probably not "hardcore Disney" enough. :)

I have a one hour commute each way to work, so I have plenty of time for podcasts!

My current subscriptions are:

Mouse|Tunes
Inside the Magic
Walt Disney Resort: Plugged In
The Meandering Mouse

Fun stuff :animwink:

Kevin

MickeyTigg

gemini said:
I thought Plugged In topped them all. Maybe it's because the others seems soooo long. I'm probably not "hardcore Disney" enough. :)

The WDW podcast is on "hiatus"....it seems WDW only wanted it to market Everest and had no plans post opening. It's too bad since the monthly Disneyland podcast is still going and is fairly decent for an "official" podcast.

jedimaster1227

DDuck1974 said:
I download all of my podcasts off iTunes, and I keep getting an error message every time I try to update DisneyHD. Maybe its gone? That would be a shame.

I use Itunes also, but I think you just tried tapping the podcast during an update. DisneyHD just updated the podcast so it should be back up by now.

dbogue

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! i LOVE mouse tunes, WDW today (just cuz its so oftenly updated) meandering mouse, inside the magic...wow there is a LOT. i LOVE podcasting!

Jose Eber

DDuck1974 said:
I download all of my podcasts off iTunes, and I keep getting an error message every time I try to update DisneyHD. Maybe its gone? That would be a shame.

Hi, I run DisneyHD --

I was dumb -- I uploaded a tonne of HD content and surprise surprise, my bandwidth ran out.

If it ever happens again, just know that come the first and the 16th (or middle) of a month, the bandwidth gets re-allocated.

Really sorry about that.

For now, I've separated all the xtras and you can access them by joining the DisneyHD group (all free, see my site).

Again, sorry about this...I changed over to all HD resolution so there was a huge spike.

Take care,

Jose for DisneyHD

EDIT:
If you want the smaller podcast size go to Google Video. You can download it for PSP or iPod

dxwwf3

Jose Eber said:
For now, I've separated all the xtras and you can access them by joining the DisneyHD group (all free, see my site).

It seems there is a charge to create a .mac account though.

Great work on the videos though.

Jose Eber

There is a way to create an account without having to pay or enter any credit card information. Essentially, you get a 60 day free trial, but the account name is free for life.

Make sense?

I'll do some more investigating.

I'm not happy with Apple about it, a lot of other .Mac members aren't happy either.

try the 'free trial' :Free .mac trial

dxwwf3

I gotcha. So even when the trial runs out, I'll still get messages you might send through the group. Right?

wdwfan22

My favorite would have to be Mousetunes. I love it because it's not scripted. They have fun and you can tell they are having fun with it. So many of the other ones tend to read off a piece of paper the entire show. It's boring and puts me to sleep. It's funny cause a few of them get all of there information from here haha. :p

Jose Eber

dxwwf3 said:
I gotcha. So even when the trial runs out, I'll still get messages you might send through the group. Right?

Probably not. :cry:

You'll be able however to log in and see the messages on the main page.

I'm being pessimistic. Maybe Apple forwards the email to your real address if its from a group?

I'll do some research here....this might have not been such a good idea.

jedimaster1227

If you are a fan of theme parks all around along with Disney, CoasterRadio has a great unscripted podcast/vidcast. My favorite episode features Robb Alvey (Of Theme Park Review) talking about the coasters of the west coast.

Jose Eber

I looked at my bandwidth this morning -- its just too high. I'm afraid I'm going to cancel the podcast.

Right now I'm dealing with Apple work flow exclusively, and Apple limits bandwidth to 250 gigs a month. I'm way over my quota already.

Hopefully in a few months the webcast will be up, hopefully it will be free, and hopefully there will be a few more episodes by then.

Not sure if it will happen, keep your fingers crossed (and Apple, get your act together! lol)

J.

Since1976

Got an update on a favorite Disney-related podcast which was mentioned in this ooooold thread. The guys at http://www.Coasterradio.com, which sadly ceased production back in November 2006, are promising to record 3 one-shot bonus episodes if they get enough donations to support Give Kids the World at the Single Rider Marathon at Kennywood by 08/05/07.

EDIT: The donation link is on the left side of this page: http://coasterradio.libsyn.com/

What does this have to do with us WDWMagic/Disney fans? Well, for one thing, Coasterradio was founded by a Disney park fan (who is married to a former CM), and featured some GREAT Disney-centric episodes:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/coasterradio/coasterradio_125.mp3 (Interview with Joe Rohde)
http://media.libsyn.com/media/coasterradio/coasterradio_136.mp3 (attractions they never came to be, including Disney)
http://media.libsyn.com/media/coasterradio/coasterradio_150.mp3 (Opening of Everest)

The podcast as a whole was devoted to theme parks all over the world, so it gave a good broad overview of the industry, not just Disney. I believe we Disney geeks lost a great show when the guys at CR decided to call it quits after 2 years.

Secondly, Give Kids the World, the charity you'd be supporting, provides activities and lodging for terminally ill children visiting Central Florida theme parks (including WDW).

It would be win-win to donate: get new episodes of a fun theme park podcast AND help a wonderful Disney-related charity.

Sorry if this sounds like a solicitation, but rest assured I am NOT affiliated with Coasterradio or its hosts, or Give Kids the World (except being a past devoted listener of the former and a one-time donor to the latter). The promise of new episodes from a terrific show and the satisfaction of getting money donated to a great charity are my only interests...

Listen to more about the charity event here: http://media.libsyn.com/media/coasterradio/singleriders.mp3

and here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/coasterradio/singleriders2.mp3

mpaul32001

WDW1971

Original Poster
I listen to it sometimes. I just don't have a lot of hours in the week to devote to podcast listening, so I sometimes never get around to it.

Jerm

I always listen to Window To the Magic,if you have never heard it you should so give it a try if you want to get away to the parks for a fun time in your head. Or if you want some much info on an attraction or show find one of Patricks shows, they are so detailed!

Inside The Magic, is one of the best podcasts out there. It is done with the highest level of work and always has some of the latest and greatest info/rumors.

NetC0t.com podcast is pure FUN! It always has something fun and new and does not work to be PC.

Above the Firehouse and Mouselounge are both great. I used to listen to The Meandering Mouse, but that just seemed to turn into a Disney bashing show at times.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom