Disney Podcasts...

WDW1971

Original Poster
Hi, I'm Skip and I'm a podcastaholic...:lol:

Seriously, folks...are any of you like me? Do you subscribe to every Disney Podcast you can find? Okay, I don't listen to "Let's Talk About Disney", but just about every other one I can locate. I now get video podcasts, too since I got a 60GB video iPod.

So, here are my favorites:
1) Inside the Magic: To me, this is the original unofficial Disney podcast
2) Window To the Magic: Paul's podcast is one of the finest quality podcasts around and might be my #1 if I had ever been to Disneyland.
3) NetC0t: A relatively new podcast, but I really like the format
4) Mouse | Tunes: Lou and Nathan are very knowledgeable
5) Park-Hopping Podcast: I would probably rate this one higher if not for the fact that there haven't been many episodes lately...some technical difficulties, I believe
6) Trapped on Vacation: Okay, this isn't a 100% Disney podcast (nor is it 100% family-friendly :eek: ), but I enjoy listening to "Earl's" ramblings.
7) The Meandering Mouse: This is a Trapped on Vacation spin-off and very enjoyable. Evidently, the Meandering Mouse is independently wealthy, because he visits DL or WDW about every other week...:lol:
8) Character Breakfast: A very new podcast, but done very well. Sadly, the Sorcerer Radio podcast had to die to give life to Character Breakfast.
9) Kingdom Herald: I love this "test podcast". This is a sister podcast of the "Park-Hopping Podcast" and therefore has suffered from the same technical difficulties and hasn't been produced on a regular basis for a while.
10) WDW Today: If I were basing my top-10 only on the information within, this would be in my top-5...or maybe top-3. Very informative, but sometimes the audio quality makes it hard to hear.

Of course, these are only the top-10. And some of the video podcasts are new to me, so I didn't include them in my list. I can say that the Beyond Mainstreet video podcast is very good. I've also seen a couple episodes of Disney HD and was very impressed. I also like the new "Imagineering My Way" podcast.

There is another podcast that didn't make the cut strictly because it's not family-friendly: Micecast. I enjoy the podcast, but I cannot listen to it with my kids in the car. Personally, I think the guys are intelligent enough to find better words, but they just choose not to. I still listen, but just not when my kids are around.

Sadly, some podcasts never find traction and go away or become more than its creator can deal with...
Toonfinder, Going To See The Mouse, Daily Dose of Disney :cry: , The Magical Theme Park...

So, are any of you like me? You can't wait until Sunday for "Inside the Magic" or you look forward to the three-times-a-week discussions on "WDW Today"? You can't wait to listen to the latest ramblings on "Trapped on Vacation" or "The Meandering Mouse"? You pop on your headphones and step through the "Window To The Magic"? Come on...tell me I'm not alone...tell me that there are others out there like me! :lookaroun

Well, I'll post this and wait for responses...:wave:

I am listening to Inside The Magic Show 60 on the net at the moment and at the same time Ricky talked about podcasts, your post appeared on WDWmagic. Spooky!

I don't have an IPod and I am proably too cheap and lazy to bother getting one, are these other podcasts available online like inside the magic?

usmalum

I love Disney Podcasts!!!!

I love Inside the Magic and Mouse Tunes.

Character Breakfast is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

I alkso like to listen to the meandering mouse. :animwink:

I started listening to a couple a while back, but it got too much. Inside the Magic is sometimes an hour long and the official WDW one was 30-40 minutes... too much for me. Give me a 10 minutes quality podcast with updates and maybe one interview. More than that is too time consuming. Any suggestions anyone?

dxwwf3

Another podcast-a-holic here. I listen to about 21 or 22 of them regularly, but some haven't posted in a while. Let's Talk About Disney is about the only major one I'm not subscribed to, but it is not because it is a bad show AT ALL. I'm just not really the target audience for that one, it is catered more for the soccer mom crowd and that's not me. But that isn't a knock on it at all. I'm subscribed to about 50 podcasts total, but yeah about half are Disney ones.

My favorites would be (in no specific order):

Inside The Magic
Mouse l Tunes
MiceCast
Window To The Magic
Beyond Main Street
Character Breakfast
The Meandering Mouse
WDW Today
Trapped on Vacation
Zip A Dee Do Pod
and Mouse Guest Weekly

There are some new up and coming shows as well that could easily make my favorites list in the future. But it seems that the Laughing Place, Mouse Times, Park Hopping, and MousePod shows have ceased operation. I really enjoyed those shows as well and I wish they would return.

Yeah I spend more time listening to podcasts than I do watching TV now :lol:.

WDW1971

Original Poster
Inside the Magic is the best one, IMHO. I like the rest of them, too. I like Beyond Main Street, but sometimes I find myself fast forwarding throught the chit-chat.

WDW Today is a nice shorter podcast, TQM.

MickeyTigg

I would listen to more, but I simply don't have enough time...so even though there are good ones I don't subscribe to (Character Breakfast and Trapped on Vacation come to mind)...I'd have to dump one if I add one just because of the time.

My favorites (in no particular order) are -

Inside the Magic
Window to the Magic
Mouse Guest Weekly
The Meandering Mouse
WDW Today
Mouse Tunes
Disneyland Official Podcast

Favorite Videocasts -

Beyond Mainstreet
The Big D
Bringing Disneyland Home

dxwwf3

WDW1971 said:
I like Beyond Main Street, but sometimes I find myself fast forwarding throught the chit-chat.

I usually fast forward through the park videos and I love the chit-chat :lol:

DolFan

Mouse Tunes was the first podcast I was listening to of any genre. Then from word of mouth, mostly on the WDWMagic boards I began to subscribe to other Disney podcasts. I am now a subsriber to about 20 podcasts. Obviously I have time on my hands, I listen to my ipod for about 10 hours a day at work, and music is just not enough. Here are my Disney podcasts that I recommend:
Mouse Tunes
Inside the Magic
A Window to the Magic Podcast
The Meandering Mouse
Trapped on Vacation

Mouse Tunes and Inside the Magic are great for news, rumors, and ride throughs. Window to the Magic is mostly audio around the park, rides, parades, and some GREAT video podcasts occasionally. I am new to the Meandering Mouse and Trapped on Vacation podcasts, they are mostly ride audio or the host describes what he sees around him in the parks.

I used to listen to the Walt Disney World Resort: Plugged In, but it has not been updated in a while. It is an official podcast, but not as good as the other podcasts mentioned. I would also recommend the Cars Video Podcast, I don't have a video ipod, but the videos are a maximum of about 4 minutes long and they are really good. There were 2 post movie podcasts, in addition to the episodes released pre-debut of the movie, but I am not sure if they will be releasing anymore episodes.

newfanatic

I've listened to a few of these, but my favorite by far is WDW Today. These guys are fun and crack me up on a fairly regular basis. It is the only one I listen to now. I wait anxiously for the next episode so I can take it on my jog. I am going to get run over one of these days while laughing out loud at something said on this podcast.:lol:

maxime29

Premium Member
What is DisneyHD's podcast link? I'm using Juice to download my episodes and I must have had an outdated one for that.

claning

I listen to most of these as well. It is hard to say which is the best. I would lean toward the WDW Today, but as was mentioned before, it is sometimes hard to hear, especially through a car tranmitter.

There are so many good Disney podcasts that it is overwhelming. I co-host a podcast on community theatre ("Your Neighborhood Stage") so I need to listen to a handful of podcasts in that category as well. It is really hard to keep up.

I love the "Beyond Main Street" vidcast. If you boil it down for informational content, it has very little, but Bob and Lou's interaction with each other crack me up. My co-worker and I usually lose 30 minutes of work every two weeks because we just have to watch it.

As for the podcasts that have seemed to cease operation, I am not surprised. I have only been co-hosting my podcast since May 1st and I already know how difficult it is to get out a show. Ours was intended to be weekly but since we like ours to be more "produced" and include interviews with community theatre companies throughout the country, its all I can do to get an episode up every two weeks. So it would not take a very big change in my schedule to cause mine to go dark.

disneyfromvermo

Me Too

Count me in the podcastaholic roll call. I am hooked on WDW Today and Inside the Magic. I have not branched out much from there but I did copy down a copy of those you mentioned to check out in the future. I love getting information about Disney. The idle chatter I can deal without. Any suggestions?

DDuck1974

maxime29 said:
What is DisneyHD's podcast link? I'm using Juice to download my episodes and I must have had an outdated one for that.

I download all of my podcasts off iTunes, and I keep getting an error message every time I try to update DisneyHD. Maybe its gone? That would be a shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom