Disney please update Star Tours!

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
Since Disney just underwent a mangement shake up. Im banking on the idea that they are going to browse around the disney fan sites and see what kinds of things fans want. So I made this topic so we can discuss how wonderful a new Star Tours could be in the hopes that it stays on the first page and someone high up in Disney sees this.

Fido

Ghostbuster626 said:
Since Disney just underwent a mangement shake up. Im banking on the idea that they are going to browse around the disney fan sites and see what kinds of things fans want. So I made this topic so we can discuss how wonderful a new Star Tours could be in the hopes that it stays on the first page and someone high up in Disney sees this.

I'm sure they have discussed it with Lucas, and they are probably waiting on him to do anything with it. I'd be happy with just a cleaned up film, but they'll probably base a major rehab on the new prequels if they do anything at all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There were rumblings back when Iger was in that "acting" CEO phase before he officially took over the he had patched up the damage that Eisner did with Lucas. From this conversation there was mention of the need to update and or redo Star Tours. One article even stated that Iger has said something to the effect of "What Lucas wants Lucas gets". Since the there has been virtually no news in either the Star Wars or Disney communities about it. Rumors on this board as well as others have suggested that the next park in line to get major attention is MGM. Hopefully if that turns out to be true Star Tours will be included in those plans.

Dragonrider1227

The only thing I REALLY want to see updated is the screen. It looks so... 80s. Philharmagic is really really clear and crisp. You can't really say the same for Star Tours. Maybe digitally remaster the sound too.

CaptainMichael

After the recent deal with Pixar, I am confident that Iger has the ability to have constructive/fruitful with George Lucas. Of course, the ball is in Disney's court.

DisneyWales

Personally

There is one clip when you dive into the DeathStar that has a really bad transition, i would like that to be tidied up, and that annoying bloody Robot needs to be melted down, maybe if he wasn't so Whiney.

I would like it if they kept the theme but had a random departure. I.E. One time you depart for Endor, maybe another time you fly to Coruscant, Naboo, Kashyyyk, Tatooine ect. They could keep it a secret until your boarding announcement. And they could add new locations to the mix much as they have updated TOT, just as the lines start to drop, bang new intrest again.

Nowadays the cost of this could be managed, they dont have to build new sets and props, they just have to make a new CGI movie, costly yes, but managable.

They could even release a new departure each year at Star Wars Weekend make it an annual event.

Star Wars is a Massive franchise, theres enough material there for them to add a whole area to the park. How cool would it be to take Jedi or Sith training?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
DisneyWales said:
Star Wars is a Massive franchise, theres enough material there for them to add a whole area to the park. How cool would it be to take Jedi or Sith training?
Throw in the EU and you have enough for a whole park.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
imagineer boy said:
Now would be the best time since Lucas is now officially done with Star Wars.
Lucas might be finished with Star Wars movies but he is far from finished with Star Wars. He currently has one Star Wars TV show in production and another around the corner.

TheMagicMouse

I think that Star Tours is still holding up quite well, the computer graphics still look pretty good to this day except for the x wings/tie fighters and the explosions (they don't flow too well) but overall it's still a fun ride!

Huge Dreamer

I would love them to do a lot more with star wars. I agree with what others have said about there being enough stuff with star wars to make a whole section of the park if not a whole park star wars related, but I wouldn't what that much at Disney, but I would really like to see them do something completly new and different with star wars.
Maybe something that would make the spiderman ride at the park down the street boreing :snore:

M:SpilotISTC12

I think they should redo the AA in all of the vehicles. The screen needs to be crisper. The vehicle shaking needs to be in a different order and maybe a new storyline but still with a star wars travel agency that is star tours.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
hey Corrus are you in "the know"? :) The truth is Micheal Eisner has been holding up the Star Tours 2.0 project. Ive been reading about it since 1999 and Ive been staring at the "Tatooine Express" pins they sell at all the WDW gift shops for years now waiting in anticipation. Now that Eisner is gone and Lucas has completed a second trilogy of Star Wars films there is no excuse NOT to greenlight this guarenteed money maker.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
hey Corrus are you in "the know"? :) The truth is Micheal Eisner has been holding up the Star Tours 2.0 project. Ive been reading about it since 1999 and Ive been staring at the "Tatooine Express" pins they sell at all the WDW gift shops for years now waiting in anticipation. Now that Eisner is gone and Lucas has completed a second trilogy of Star Wars films there is no excuse NOT to greenlight this guarenteed money maker.

Corrus may be, but you obviously are not... Eisner didn't sit on any proposed Star Tours changes... They simply were not introduced by the company that needed to introduce them, since the folks at ILM were busy with other projects at the time... Quit trying to demonize Eisner as an excuse for your own ignorance.

Fido

TheMagicMouse said:
I think that Star Tours is still holding up quite well, the computer graphics still look pretty good to this day except for the x wings/tie fighters and the explosions (they don't flow too well) but overall it's still a fun ride!

The special effects used in Star Tours were done the old fashioned way - optically (like the original trilogy), not CG. Back in '87 ILM weren't using computer graphics like they are now. They used actual models and pyrotechnic effects integrated with blue screen. These special effects had to walk to school in the snow, uphill (both ways), and a bottle of coke cost a nickel back in those days.

:lookaroun

Dragonrider1227

DisneyWales said:
There is one clip when you dive into the DeathStar that has a really bad transition, i would like that to be tidied up, and that annoying bloody Robot needs to be melted down, maybe if he wasn't so Whiney.
Aww, I like the robot. :lol: I wish I could buy a toy of him in the same scale as the actual toy line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom