Disney/Pixar Naming Time for a merge?

kucarachi

Original Poster
I was watching a video planning kit for disney recently and i couldnt get over how many times the actors had to take a deep breath and say, a disney presentation of a pixar animation studios picture....the seas with nemo and friends...or nemo the musical...or buzz lightyear etc. Isnt it time they just called it Disney since they now own it? It seems like you take the joy out of it by putting that kind of name on it That would be like everytime you introduce your wife or husband by This is Bill and Margies presentation of Human Developemental Spawning....otherwise known as Earl.

I laugh everytime i hear them say that because in the time it takes them to say it i could have rode the actual ride! i say no more long naming things at disney..its unfair to the blind and people that stutter! and if your a blind stutterer then you are royaly screwed!

the_rich

i think they do it because people recognize the pixar name. everything pixar has done so far has been a great success. they've built up a great brand so it makes business sense to use it.

rich

Champion

It will take time. Look at Cingular switching its name to AT&T like its parent. It will eventually get done, it will just take time.

abarboza

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but this sparked my intrest. I was reading back several pages because of my upcoming Disney trip and this got me to go ahead and register here.

When Pixar was finally bought last year by Disney, and Steve Jobs became majority stockholder of Disney most Pixar executives were absorbed by Disney. As part of the deal, John Lasseter, Pixar Executive Vice President and co-founder, became Chief Creative Officer (reporting to President and CEO Robert Igor and consulting with Disney Director Roy Disney) of both Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, as well as the Principal Creative Adviser at Walt Disney Imagineering, which designs and builds the company's theme parks. Catmull retained his position as President of Pixar, while also becoming President of Disney Studios, reporting to Bob Iger and Robert Cook, chairman of Walt Disney Studio Entertainmenthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walt_Disney_Company#Studio_Entertainment.

Lasseter and Catmull's oversight of both the Disney and Pixar studios did not mean that the two studios were merging, however. In fact, additional conditions were laid out as part of the deal to ensure that Pixar remains a separate entity a concern that many analysts had about the Disney deal.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixar#_note-2
Some other points of interest concerning the deal:
  • If Pixar had pulled out of the deal, they would have been required to pay Disney a penalty of US$210 million.
  • John Lasseter has the authority to approve films for both Disney and Pixar studios, with Bob Iger and Roy Disney carrying final approving authority.
  • The deal required that Pixar's primary directors and creative executives must also join the combined company.
  • There will be a steering committee that will oversee animation for both Disney and Pixar studios, with a mission to maintain and spread the Pixar culture. This committee will consist of Catmull, Lasseter, Jobs, Iger, Cook and Tom Staggs. They will meet at Pixar headquarters at least once every two months.
  • Pixar HR policies will remain intact, including the lack of employment contracts.
  • Ensures the Pixar name will continue, and that the studio will remain in its current Emeryville, California location with the "Pixar" sign.
  • Branding of films made post-merger will be "Disney•Pixar" (starting with Cars).

kucarachi

Original Poster
Pixney Studios

Well they are dropping the MGM from the studios park....why not call that disney pixar studios and have everything there be pixar rides and themes...Seems thats the way things are heading anyway in that park. Everybody wants an incredible ride, and a cars ride would be cool. With so much lack luster things going on in a park modeled after hollywood itself, they seem to lack the punch of a blockbuster anymore. They should take all focus off the other 3 parks until Disney Studios is a standalone park....so much out of date excess there, john lassiter and brad bird need to get spitballin'!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom