Disney Performing Arts OnStage?

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
When I was a Junior in highschool (1999), my Orchestra from Elyria, OHIO performed onstage at Epcot and It was a really cool experience. I was wondering if they still do this program?

My family and I are going this June and I would love to stop by and support one of the HS groups doing this.

Is there a schedule or something I could look up that would have this information?'\

Has anyone here on the boards performed at Disney in a HS group?

Cmdr_Crimson

I remember during my high school years when our band went and when they wore these shirts it was the only way you can tell they went to WDW...
$_35.JPG

lpet11984

This program is bigger than ever... I am actually taking my band program down in April to both perform and do the "You're Instrumental" workshop, where students will get to have a clinic with Disney studio musicians and do some recording in a recording studio. I've heard many wonderful things and thought it was time to experience it first hand. As an educator and big Disney fan, it's a win-win. (Except for the spring break crowds which will be crazy, but it's the only time we were cleared for the trip.)

12_Ears_Dad

Original Poster
This program is bigger than ever... I am actually taking my band program down in April to both perform and do the "You're Instrumental" workshop, where students will get to have a clinic with Disney studio musicians and do some recording in a recording studio. I've heard many wonderful things and thought it was time to experience it first hand. As an educator and big Disney fan, it's a win-win. (Except for the spring break crowds which will be crazy, but it's the only time we were cleared for the trip.)

When I was in high school we went during spring break time...the crowds were not horrible. You will have wait times longer then normal, but remember not all parts of the country or UK and Canada go on Spring break during the same week. Most of the South are on Spring break right now, as well as Canada. The best thing I can tell your students is to plan their free time carefully. The FP plus system is new since I went and I am not sure students have these privileges ( In my opinion they should do to the overall cost of the program).

It really is a unique experience that I still remember in detail to this day 16 years later. We performed the Star Wars theme at Epcot and actually got a small crowd of about 100 people to stop by and watch us.

I hope you and your students have an amazing time. It really is a once in a lifetime experience.

lpet11984

When I was in high school we went during spring break time...the crowds were not horrible. You will have wait times longer then normal, but remember not all parts of the country or UK and Canada go on Spring break during the same week. Most of the South are on Spring break right now, as well as Canada. The best thing I can tell your students is to plan their free time carefully. The FP plus system is new since I went and I am not sure students have these privileges ( In my opinion they should do to the overall cost of the program).

It really is a unique experience that I still remember in detail to this day 16 years later. We performed the Star Wars theme at Epcot and actually got a small crowd of about 100 people to stop by and watch us.

I hope you and your students have an amazing time. It really is a once in a lifetime experience.

Thanks- I have been to WDW many, many times, but this will be a first. We will get to use FP+, but they can only book their FPs once we've entered the park for the day. They won't have as many options as those entering the parks right at opening or those who book in advance, but at least it's something. Really though, I just can't wait for my students to get to make music at Disney and share in the magic. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom