Disney People

bubbles1812

I think one of the deciding factors is nostalgia. If you were there as a kid, you'll love it as an adult. If you go for the first time when you're already cynical... prolly not so much.
That's just a general rule, at least.
I'd really agree with this. I've known several people who were there for the first time as an adult and Disney just doesn't seem to effect them the way it does those who were there as kids. I actually had a conversation with someone recently about it. I talked about how Disney has always been one of my "happy places" while she had only been there for the first time within the past year with her children (Two sets of twin boys! and a little girl). She liked Disney a lot but she said she thinks she would have liked it more had she had memories from when she was a kid. It just didn't have the same pull for her. Granted, not everyone is like this...some visit later than childhood and fall in love with it anyways. But I think it might be more the exception than the rule. People seem a bit more forgiving of the flaws WDW has if you went as a kid.

bubbles1812

I really don't understand non-Disney people:shrug:

Let us shift the focus, instead of it always being "why do we like Disney so much? Or aren't we getting old for Disney?" Let's switch it to "Why don't you like Disney? Wha'ts wrong with you? Aren't you too old not to have been to Disney?

Look they're haters (and I know a few) because we can truly let go and enjoy such a magical place and let our inner kid run with it.:sohappy:

While I don't like that people question me over my love for Disney, I think your questions are a wee bit harsh if you were actually asking someone, especially on the last question...cost especially is pretty prohibitive for a lot of people. And some people just have different interests. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone not liking Disney or that there is something inherently wrong with them. Hard to believe though it may be, some people do not grow up on Disney. And there are a lot of destinations out there that are wonderful too...for instance, I have a passion for the National Parks. Think everyone should try to experience them. But anyways, I choose not to go year in and year out to Disney because for me personally, I know there really is more to life than just that Disney vacation. But that's just me. Others have different philosophies and that is just fine. And I still absolutely love Disney World. I don't think most actually qualify in the "haters" catergory. That being said, I do know some antagonistic confrontational haters who just like to get a rise by saying Disney sucks, blah blah blah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom