Disney Passes on Bluey Theme Park Rights?

erasure fan1

But it's not. It's another trendy kids show like the hundreds before it.
Maybe. That was also said about SpongeBob. But as it turns out, adults liked it as much as the kids. And now almost 25yrs later, still going. Bluey has that too. When the adults are watching as much as the kids, it has a good chance of better staying power than just a flash in the pan. I don't think Disney should have built a land around it or anything. But I guarantee a meet and greet with a stage show like the Disney junior one would absolutely have a HUGE draw.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Plus no one seems to recall the very short lived scavenger hunt during the Thanksgiving season at Ft Wilderness that I'm sure wasn't approved under LUDO and was quietly removed..
Almost certainly was done just be the recreation/children's activity team cast members who just try to do fun things on a low budget not realizing Disney doesn't own bluey despite Disney+ basically just being the "Bluey/Moana App"

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
For what it's worth, I think the last time I've had this many coworkers talking about a show trying to get me into it, it was either Breaking Bad or the Office. As a nearly 30 year old adult man without kids I was hesitant, but I eventually watched Bluey and it was probably my second favorite new to me show I watched this last year right behind the Bear. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bluey is still talked about 10-15 years from now

Last edited:

Purduevian

I thought it was a cute show, better than most but nothing super special.

Then I took my 4 and 6 year old to the traveling play.

Disney On Ice this is not.
Yes the show had the greatest hits from the tv program.. grannies, keepy uppy , walking leaf… but one of the main plot points is Bluey doesn’t want her sister to keep being right there being like her. Mom explains if she keeps pushing her away, one day she won’t come back. Mom knows this from experience. At the end of the play, mom ask dad to borrow his phone, dials and says “(big sigh) hey Brandy it’s chilli… it’s been a while”. FADE TO BLACK.

At that moment I fully understood this was not a show for kids, they just don’t realize that.
Recently went to that show with my 14 month old. Not much can keep his attention for 45 minutes, but Bluey Live did. If Disney put in a Bluey M&G I'm sure it would have the longest M&G lines in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom