Disney Parks TV coming!

Desperad07

arghhh

Unreal. It's bad enough that Comcast doesn't give me the Travel Channel so I always miss out on the Disney specials on that channel, including the excellent marathon some months back. But now they aren't involved in this. Such a damn scam. I'm paying these idiots over a hundred bucks to surf the internet and watch half a dozen channels. And I can't get FIOS where I am. Ugh. I'm so fed up with the way cable works.

Champion

Unreal. It's bad enough that Comcast doesn't give me the Travel Channel so I always miss out on the Disney specials on that channel, including the excellent marathon some months back. But now they aren't involved in this. Such a damn scam. I'm paying these idiots over a hundred bucks to surf the internet and watch half a dozen channels. And I can't get FIOS where I am. Ugh. I'm so fed up with the way cable works.

Interesting. Comcast has been taking steps to unify its offerings across the board, you should have the Travel channel by now.

Thessair

I have Comcast and we get the Travel channel. Also, I'd imagine this is going to be more of the free On Demand material that's out there. It sounds like Disney is shelling out some decent money to make this happen. It would be counter-productive to getting people interested in visiting if they have to pay to access these programs. Still, cable companies are notorious at draining wallets dry so who knows how it will turn out.

Capt. Jack

Unfortunately in this part of Florida we have Comcast and even further into the Panhandle it's Cable. No Disney Parks TV for me. Well, there is always that seedy internet thing. :lookaroun

Wait, sorta confused. One question, easy & simple to answer - Will I be able to receive this channel with Cable?

HinunterZuNich

I will be getting this channel, it seems to be VERY similar to one we had last summer or two summers ago, I can't remember. That channel was basically the WDW Planning DVD with some added interactive features. It was always cool to have for when I was bored and scrolling through ALL THOSE CHANNELS that we don't even watch...and end up on the Walt Disney World channel.

Anyway, this may be the only POSITIVE thing related to Cablevision in Northern New Jersey!

nillyp

I have Time Warner cable, so thank goodness I'll be getting this! The way the On Demand works on Time Warner is that it's pretty much free...if you have a digital set top box (not just the coax straight from the wall to the tv). If you have the digital box, this will be a free channel in your on demand channels (which I believe start around 820 but I'm not sure). There are also other free On Demand channels on Time Warner like HD TNT Movies, On Demand National Geographic, etc. They used to have Adult Swim On Demand that was free and I watched it all the time, but they discontinued that station.

Anyhoo, it is a free On Demand channel, the only ones they charge you for are newly released movies and "unsavory" flicks. I hope this info helps anybody. If not, at least I'm excited I'll be getting it :sohappy:

Disney_Freak429

First post under the new name

I'm finally back on the boards under a brand new name (old was BMT8685) but back to the topic at hand. I have Time Warner so I luck out. But Comcast folks don't be upset other than this new Disney tid bit I hate Time Warner. You Comcast folks I'm sure will be next in line to get these I'm sure. If I'm not mistaken don't you Comcast people have an on demand Travel section that had some Disney shows on it that Time Warner didn't have? (I think it was the park tv stuff) I would upload onto You Tube ect. for everyone but I don't have the ability to do it so I hope someone else here is able to upload it for everyone. In closing thrilled to be back on the attack here on the boards. :king:

Slacking

I have Time Warner cable, so thank goodness I'll be getting this! The way the On Demand works on Time Warner is that it's pretty much free...if you have a digital set top box (not just the coax straight from the wall to the tv). If you have the digital box, this will be a free channel in your on demand channels (which I believe start around 820 but I'm not sure). There are also other free On Demand channels on Time Warner like HD TNT Movies, On Demand National Geographic, etc. They used to have Adult Swim On Demand that was free and I watched it all the time, but they discontinued that station.

Anyhoo, it is a free On Demand channel, the only ones they charge you for are newly released movies and "unsavory" flicks. I hope this info helps anybody. If not, at least I'm excited I'll be getting it :sohappy:

Do you have a channel called "Cutting Edge on Demand." If so, Adult Swim MAY be a part of that. My cable company (BrightHouse) recently consolidated it's on demand channels into blocks, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happened for you too.

PoTCGuy

Snipped from yon WDW news site:

Original Programming with Cablevision, Time Warner and a new ability to start planning your vacation from your television.

BURBANK, Calif. (May 15, 2007) -- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts today announced Disney Travel on Demand, a breakthrough in original programming that combines innovation, storytelling and the power of interactive television to deliver a soup-to-nuts vacation planning and entertainment experience to television viewers, starting on two cable systems nationwide. The program mix will include episodic, reality and special event shows as well as concerts and celebrity hosts, all focused on the magic of Disney's destinations around the world.

The programs are designed to uniquely engage viewers with a variety of industry-leading interactive and entertaining components that showcase Disney Parks' innovation, Disney cast members, and the legacy behind all the magic......

Interesting! This sounds to me a lot like the programming they used to have on the "old" Disney Channel. Although I understand from a business point of view why they've gone the direction they have, I still miss the old stuff! (Anyone remember Epcot Magazine? :) ) I might have to order the digital package from Time Warner so I can watch this.

DisneyMusician2

Finally, something good comes out of having to deal with Cablevision! I hope this channel is worth it, I would hate for it to just be a cheezy reproduction of the planning DVD...maybe you could watch some old resort TV or old shorts or something in the future. DIsney would be smart to expand their influence in that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom